32 Year Old Thinning Newbie From The Uk

Jackk18

My Regimen
Reaction score
Evening guys,

So, over the past couple of years I have noticed my hair has started to thin, a lot. The only issue is I don't seem to be losing my hair per se, it's just much thinner so it gives the impression of hair loss. To give some background information, my uncle is bald as hell and has been since his late 20s. My dad has a full head of hair and he is over 50. My mum's hair is okay too and she is over 50. I am 32 and my hair started thinning at around 29 (my uncle was really balding by this age, so I guess my dad's good genes are fighting my mum's genes haha)

My question is, as my hair isn't falling out should I just leave my hair alone? Or is there things you can do to battle hair that is thinning. I mean, is there any point getting a transplant/ or following a regime if it's not receding, only thinning? I guess eventually i will start to recede badly (maybe when I am in late 30s) but for now I guess it's just gonna keep thinning out.

Any advice welcome!

Jack

twelsh93

My Regimen
Reaction score
1MG finasteride, and jump on minoxidil. If anything, go to a dermatologist and get a professional opinion.

frank1980

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Evening guys,

So, over the past couple of years I have noticed my hair has started to thin, a lot. The only issue is I don't seem to be losing my hair per se, it's just much thinner so it gives the impression of hair loss. To give some background information, my uncle is bald as hell and has been since his late 20s. My dad has a full head of hair and he is over 50. My mum's hair is okay too and she is over 50. I am 32 and my hair started thinning at around 29 (my uncle was really balding by this age, so I guess my dad's good genes are fighting my mum's genes haha)

My question is, as my hair isn't falling out should I just leave my hair alone? Or is there things you can do to battle hair that is thinning. I mean, is there any point getting a transplant/ or following a regime if it's not receding, only thinning? I guess eventually i will start to recede badly (maybe when I am in late 30s) but for now I guess it's just gonna keep thinning out.

Any advice welcome!

Jack
I'm 38. I have minor thinning. Several factors took place for me to not realize that I was having hair thinning issues. One of these factors was the fact that like you, I wasn't shedding or losing hairs. I always shed very little. It drove me crazy how my ex girlfriends would leave hair everywhere. I would not though. I believe that you and I are probably having hair miniaturization. Hair miniaturizes before it falls out. That's not to say that you may have lost a few hairs already, but even if you did, it's probably insignificant. This is all the bad news. The good news is that you have most of your hair follicles, if not all. Your hair can thicken if you get on a good plan of action.

As far as a plan of action is concerned, you may want to see a dermatologist. I can't offer much more wisdom than the previous poster provided. Finasteride, minoxidil, and nizoral seem to be the big 3. Research finasteride(propecia) to see if it's something that you would want to get on. It remains controversial as some claim to have experience sides from it. Another thing that seems to have provided great results in some men is derma rolling.

Last edited: