3000 grafts FUE & DHI - Clinia LHR in Lisbon - Dr Augusto Guerreiro & Dr Morena

HopefulHairlineLHR

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Go ahead and make yourself a cup of tea or coffee as this is a detailed review and will be a long read.

New member here. 27 years old, male, from the UK. My hair line had receded to the shape of a capital M. I’m not sure when it started to recede but it has been at least 5 years+.

I’m lucky enough that when I kept my hair long it would cover most of my receding hairline until my worst enemy, the wind, would blow my fringe to the side exposing my receded hairline (you can get an idea from the pics below). I also didn’t enjoy being stuck to one type of haircut. Having my hair long all the time I would feel scruffy and I would always wake up with bed head and I would have to wash it to make it look presentable.

LHR Clinic

Anyways…

I decided to have a hair transplant in Clinica LHR in Lisbon, Portugal and I thought I’d share my pleasant experience.

Online consultation via email

Went on their website filled in the consultation form and the receptionist got back to me within a 1-2 days. Even though the clinic is based in Lisbon, Portugal the receptionist spoke good English and there was clear and concise communication going back and forth and they were very helpful to answer any questions I had. A blood test form and prescriptions for post op were emailed to me which I requested in English. The prescriptions were to be bought in Portugal which was simple enough, just need to show the email to the clerk and they scan the barcode.

I booked my hair transplant with LHR for the 21st of November 2023. Flew out to Lisbon on the 20th Nov, came back on the 23rd Nov.
Hotel for 2 nights were booked via LHR which gave me peace of mind.

D Day - Day of the hair transplant

I got to the clinic at 8:45am and was greeted by a member of staff straight away and was given a welcome letter to read which had a breakdown of how the day will go.

I got changed into the dressing gown.
Dr Augusto, Dr Morena and Carolina one of the assistants, introduced themselves.
Dr Augusto went through the consent form and answered any questions I had.
A few pictures were taken from different angles.
He then drew my hairline. I requested to have the middle section changed from a triangular point to more a curved hairline (my preference) which he did. I asked to lower it which he did whilst informing me and making sure that the implanted area will not come into contact with my forehead muscles by asking me to raise my eyebrows up and down which was reassuring as I’ve seen Dr Bisagna mentioning and demonstrating this on one of his videos.
My hair was then trimmed off and I requested to have it recorded and sent to me via WhatsApp. I felt like a monk at this point which was quite refreshing.

From entering the clinic to going into the surgery room it took approximately 30-45minutes. Not rushed at all

Walk into the surgery room and introduced to the other 4 members of the team who carried out the lab work, inspecting and organising of the grafts and loading the hair implanting pens for the surgeons.

Medication was given to take orally. Then followed by the anaesthesia which was not as painful as what others have described on forums/reddit. Though this could be because of the technique Dr Augusto used which was the use of a vibrator at the point where the needle was inserted. It definitely helped. Normally I can be nervous in these kind of situations but I felt comfortable enough.

Extraction

Both Dr Augusto and Dr Morena extracted the grafts from the back of my head while I laid on my belly. Then I would turn on my left and then on my right to have the back corners of the donor area extracted. The tool used was a motorised drill and the extraction was completely pain free, it felt like I was getting a head massage.
At some points I was falling asleep but tried to keep myself up in case I jolted out of my sleep which could’ve been problematic.
When I told them I was falling asleep they told me I could but I felt I would rather not.
I did not need to use the toilet until lunch time thankfully.
My forehead was aching at one point from the head rest and I asked to lift my head for a minute, no problem, only had to lift once.

The extraction took roughly 3 hours. They then wrapped my head up and served me some food to eat for lunch around 12:30pm.

PRP and payment

After the lunch, before the implantation was to be carried out I was offered the chance to have PRP done and had my blood taken. No pressure, but why not, I’m here already so I thought I might as well.

I was asked if I wanted to make the payment at the end of the transplant or after my lunch but I didn’t feel it was necessary to do it at the end as opposed to then as I was confident in their work so far.
There was no pressure to pay straight away after my lunch.

Implantation

Augusto proceeded with giving me the anaesthesia in my hairline area and injecting the PRP. Then Augusto and his assistant surgeons started to implant my hairline with DHI pens which was loaded by the other members of the team to keep the cycle going continuously.

Post op consultation

I sat with Augusto in his office and he would go over the post op instructions with me in detail. He demonstrated how to apply the ATP solution and explained how I would remove the bandage when I would arrive home.

The instructions also included the clinics post op care team which can be contacted via WhatsApp.

- - -

Honestly as weird as this seems and I know I was purely there for a hair transplant, I enjoyed the vibe of the team and I felt sad that the day was over lol but I was satisfied with the results.

Reasons I picked Clinic LHR:

- The main surgeon Dr Augusto would be present for the surgery unlike a lot of hair mills that are mentioned in these forums. This was true he was mostly present. Only towards the end of the extraction where I was laying on my sides and only 1 surgeon had easy access to extract and towards the end of the implantation stage where the front line of my hairline was being implanted Augusto was not present. I would say he was present at least 80% of the entire hair transplant.

- One client a day. Which again from the point above is definitely true as he was present during my hair transplant most the time. It shows that they value their clients over money.

- Although they don’t have many reviews unlike a lot of other clinics, I have not seen one bad review from clinic LHR. Whenever I am spending a large sum of money on something or something that involves my health I always do my due diligence FBI mode. They have 2-3 or reviews on Reddit which has some good before and after pictures. And a couple reviews on some of these forums.

- Price. For 3000 grafts, PRP, 2 nights in a hotel, post op kit and all the other surgery medication and supplies, I paid a total of €4350.
With out the PRP and 2 nights in a hotel it would have been €3900 which works out to be €1.3 a graft. As I am from the UK this works out to be just over £1 a graft for me.

- The surgeons speak English. Their English is very fluent you’ll have no problem understanding them.

Conclusions / Pros:

- As soon as you enter the lobby area you can already get a feel for the place in a positive way. Super clean, there was even someone hoovering the corridor and into the room whilst I was waiting and reading the welcome letter. I felt welcomed.

- I never at any point felt like I was waiting around and thinking to myself “how long are they going to be?” “What are they doing?” etc. They work very systematically and get you through the day quickly without feeling rushed.

- They do not rush you or themselves. You can definitely feel that they take their time.

- Normally I can suss out when someone is just trying to sell me something or a service purely for money reasons only and they don’t care about you too much OR I can tell when someone actually has their heart in what they do. Augusto and his team definitely care, they are very professional and you feel reassured throughout the entire day. You can tell they enjoy what they do.

- The team had R&B music playing in the background which was nice and nostalgic and took me back to my childhood days. They were all taking turns humming along and I could really feel the great energy amongst them and the coordination (yes I am still talking about the hair transplant as well as the humming.

- The surgeons would talk with me and make me feel very comfortable asking me about my life, work etc. and vice versa they would tell me about theirs. The day flew by pretty quickly as I wasn’t bored in my thoughts the whole time.

- I was cleaned up well and not left to go out looking like someone just shot me in the head with a machine gun.

- The post op care team via WhatsApp. They respond fairly quickly, within a few hours and they respond throughout most hours of the day. I’ve had replies to some questions at hours as late as 11pm. It’s great to know I don’t have to wait until the next morning for a reply when I’m anxious about something when it’s time to sleep.

I am very grateful for Dr Augusto and his team at LHR for a great experience!

TL;DR - Had a hair transplant and it went great.

I know my review is long overly detailed but I am pleased with how things went and considering they don’t have much reviews, I thought it would be a good idea to do a thorough review for anyone interested in going to LHR for a hair transplant and put their mind at ease.

Thank you for reading. See my pre and post op pics below. I will be updating the thread through out my journey.

Pre op

IMG_0874.jpeg
IMG_0877.jpeg
IMG_0878.jpeg
IMG_0879.jpeg
IMG_0880.jpeg
46489bc5-2176-47e7-9dca-ae3a78aa1195.jpeg

After extraction / before implantation. Hairline drawn.

IMG_0883.jpeg

Post op same day

IMG_0885.jpeg
IMG_0886.jpeg
IMG_0887.jpeg

Post op day 1 bandage removed donor area

IMG_0888.jpeg
IMG_0793.jpeg
IMG_0794.jpeg

Post op day 3

IMG_0889.jpeg
IMG_0890.jpeg
IMG_0891.jpeg

zalatan

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have the experience of successful hair transplantation in Helia Clinic, if you have any questions, ask me