30 , Recently Started Losing My Hair In The Shower, Advice ?

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
thanks for the response. I'm still shedding like crazy though, literally doesn't stop in the shower when I go through my hair.. now 2 week ons finasteride and minoxidil

You'll shed on treatments for a while. To be honest I've been on finasteride for close to 2 years and I still shed heavy, however I haven't really noticed any negatives changes in my hair so I'm trying not to overthink it.

abcdefg

Reaction score
finasteride is definitely the right choice. I have been thinking of giving it a try soon too. I am in a similar boat a few years older
Waiting and hoping it stops by magic or waiting on a future treatment is the wrong answer. Use what exists now, and be thankful its possible to do anything

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@sander_r

You're in the early stages. Just take something with scientific proof behind it.

Honestly, you can't go wrong. And you can always save money later.

IggyPop

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'll answer for him, because your hair loss is very minor and there is no need to minoxidil as you don't really have a lot to regrow.
+ if you start Finasteride and Minoxidil at the same time you don´t know how much each treatment is actually doing for you. You can still add Minoxidil in one or two years.

sander_r

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here's an update, I've been on finasteride 1mg now for 2 months , and apply minoxidyl 5% 2 times a day. No sides, had the best summer ever and libido is great.

I'm still shedding like crazy, I can go go easily 20 times through my hair in the shower with my hand and have 10 hairs every time.
Every time after showering I have to clean the shower cause my hairloss clogs it

sander_r

My Regimen
Reaction score
So 3 months on fina en minoxidyl now, also added nizoral to my regimen.

When i go through my hair multiple times in the shower i still have about 40 - 50 hairs in total easily.

Also have the feeling my hair is less dense and skull is visible sometimes but dont know if this is normal

Attachments

• 7192EAFE-BFAC-4D3C-8107-DE359DBF3694.png
    7192EAFE-BFAC-4D3C-8107-DE359DBF3694.png
    524 KB · Views: 327

sander_r

My Regimen
Reaction score
Still on fina and minoxidyl now , no one is noticing any hairloss but when I go through my hair every 2 days i have this amount of hairs falling off easily..

Is this normal?

Attachments

• A2FDF79B-9164-45D4-9995-ACAC8B9E5453.jpeg
    A2FDF79B-9164-45D4-9995-ACAC8B9E5453.jpeg
    67.4 KB · Views: 352

abcdefg

Reaction score
Still on fina and minoxidyl now , no one is noticing any hairloss but when I go through my hair every 2 days i have this amount of hairs falling off easily..

Is this normal?

Your going to have sheds sometimes it doesnt mean its working or its not working. Its the end result that matters, and its a long term game. Forget about hair counts, and check back in a year if your the same or better from before.

sander_r

My Regimen
Reaction score

Is this normal?

Still on finasteride and minoxidyl and still having hands full of hairs every day i take a shower and go through my hair, i also hear them "crack" off very easily when i go trough my hair they just break.. i think about 50 - 100 hairs in the shower daily..

sander_r

My Regimen
Reaction score
Everyday still the same hairloss (look at the photo of my sink). When I go through my hair I also hear them “crack off” really easy.

Had my blood levels checked, although I’ve been taking vitamin D supplements since a year Im still below the minimum , ive read it could influence hairloss?
I know started taking higher supplements of 100.000 u weekly.

Testosteron was above the maximum now due to finasteride and adiol G below the minimum ...

Attachments

• 27FA6AF1-1005-4714-9D4B-6D38443340E7.jpeg
    27FA6AF1-1005-4714-9D4B-6D38443340E7.jpeg
    54.5 KB · Views: 273

sander_r

My Regimen
Reaction score
how is it going? can you post pics from the exact angle as before of your hair?

Basically nothing changed, I'm still on 1mg finasteride + minoxidil, have 0 side effects, but still lots of shedding, when I go through my hair in the shower my hands are full.

Had a meeting with my dermatologist and wasn't any help, she told me to stop worrying cause everything looked fine and my hair is rooted nicely. But all she did was look for 15 seconds, she didn't really have an answer on my question why I still lose so much hair every day.

She told me to switch finasteride and minoxidil every month , so take finasteride 1 month, then 1 month minoxidil, so not at the same time. I didn't follow this advice as I think it could create weird imbalances.

Here are my 2017 vs 2018 pics

2017.JPG
2017-2.JPG

2018-2.JPG
2018-1.JPG

when pulling hair
2018-when pulling hair.jpg

normal
2018-normal.JPG

Last edited: