30% Minoxidil cream

CCS

Reaction score
scribe99 said:
That is the question I have with Dr. Lee's 15% minoxidil. Does it actually deliver more minoxidl to my hair?

When I put it on it's pretty sticky and syrupy. In the morning, my hairline is still sticky until I wash it off. So I wonder it if is really getting absorbed.

the stickier something is, the slower molecules can move around in it. Also the more minoxidil is in solution, the more the molecules will bind to each other, instead of spread apart. High concentration solutions might have larger particles. That is why I don't make 5% topicals. 2-3% is high enough. Even 1% is good, and may be better than 3% if the 3% has bigger particles.

A good vehicle does not evaporate fast. Otherwise you are left with crystals that go no where. That means high boiling point.
A good vehicle dissolves the particles small, but is not so good at dissolvign them as to keep the skin from absorbing them out of solution.
A good vehicle is not too thick, so everything can move around.
A good vehicle is not toxic, and preferably has some water in it, and some oils, so these are not pulled out of the skin.
A good vehicle has penetration enhansors in it that are good for the active ingredient. Alcohol water is not as strong as some other things.

CCS

Reaction score
Aplunk1 said:
Many people report better response to the 15% instead of the 5%.

I got a better response from using 4x as much of the 5%.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
one must be stupid enough to put that on the head.

CCS

Reaction score
ShedMaster said:
collegechemistrystudent said:
Aplunk1 said:
Many people report better response to the 15% instead of the 5%.

I got a better response from using 4x as much of the 5%.

You use 4 applications per day?

No, I did 4mL twice a day.