30 Lost Density By At Least 60% Diffuse Thinning Whole Scalp.

AIH

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi ,
My hair loss started when I was almost 21 it was very thick hair like David Schwimmer.
The loss started a few month's after a tooth infection, a bad one with for 2 weeks like I had a orange in my cheek.
But I never let extract that molar.... yeah retarded I know. .
I had few month's later a huge shed , like 200 hairs for 6-8 month's.
It came from whole over my scalp, the huge shed went away but I noticed that I kept thinning and saw white hairs over my whole scalp appear. Thick long white hairs but also thick short curly frizzy hairs that not grow to long hairs. And also many normal color thin frizzy curly hairs whole over my scalp even my neck area is thinning and sides .
There is as much thinning and white hairs on my sides as on top of my head.
A lot of thin and thick hairs are not straight , like zigzagging /question mark like.

I didn't think much about it because my hair was still thick dry till 24-25, although it was thinning for years.
Now I'm 30y and I can see my scalp very much under a light.
I should had have treatment many years ago I waited to long (stupid), really depressed that I have lost my very thick hair over the years.
I had some bloodwork done.
Very low vitamine D
Higher calcium
To low B12
low testosterone just within range
bit higher MCV
hematocriet bit higher
MCHC bit lower then normal
Bit higher albumine
TSH 2.55 don't know if this is to high , my doctor told me it's fine.
SHBG midrange.
Iron was a bit low but just in normal range.

I have also get diagnosed with Gilbert Syndrome, so High bilirubine like 3 times higher.
I never had blood work done before in my life so I didn't know.

Now vitamine D and B12 can miniaturize the hair follicles, and cause white hairs I read on the internet?
Can vitamine D deficiency and B12 cause my very slowly diffuse thinning hair like 10 years?

I think I had always low D because I don't get out in the sun much.
I take now 5000U/i D a day and weekly a shot B12 for 5 weeks then ones a month.

I also take for 8 month's now proscar 0.5mg a day, but I see nothing change just worse then it was.
Looks if it is accelerating on proscar.
And I take saw palmetto any other day. (only high libido)
Should I take duta?

Some strands I find on my pillow and sheets , think that's normal.
But if I don't clean my bedroom for 2 weeks the floor looks like a barbershop...
See hair on the floor everywhere, bathroom, kitchen (damn) just everywhere.
But if I wash my hair daily I see 20-30 hairs. Don't get it.

I'm scared it's diffuse alopecia.
I hope it's the vit D or B12 or CTE for 10 years.(don't know if it's possible?)
The white hairs already came when I was 20y.
Or can bad teeth deteriorate/thin your hair?
I also have SD but since childhood.
What do you think reading the whole story and seeing the pictures?

Attachments

• haar1.jpg
    haar1.jpg
    225.3 KB · Views: 2,957
  • haar2.jpg
    haar2.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 2,768
  • haar3.jpg
    haar3.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 2,024
  • haar11.jpg
    haar11.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 1,984
  • haar10.jpg
    haar10.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 1,990
  • haar12.jpg
    haar12.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 1,970
  • droog13.jpg
    droog13.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 2,020
  • droog10.jpg
    droog10.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 1,830
  • droog4.jpg
    droog4.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 2,170
  • droog1.jpg
    droog1.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 2,117
  • droog7.jpg
    droog7.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 1,990
  • droog8.JPG
    droog8.JPG
    144.7 KB · Views: 2,399
Last edited:

soitbegins

My Regimen
Reaction score
To me your hair looks good but does look like your starting to thin in the crown area (mainly from pictures droog13 and droog4). Because your hair still looks really thick its up to you but only real treatments is finasteride or minoxidil :)

AIH

My Regimen
Reaction score
To me your hair looks good but does look like your starting to thin in the crown area (mainly from pictures droog13 and droog4). Because your hair still looks really thick its up to you but only real treatments is finasteride or minoxidil :)

It's 60-70% less density then I was 22. I could put gel in it and rightup it looked like a wig/plastic so nice. (then I would've started finasteride, damn it hurts)
I'm taking proscar 0.5 every day for 8 month's now and wash my hair with revita and regenepure everyday.
I see a lot of thin hairs , and a lot little frizzy hairs, miniaturization. The thinning just continues.:(
The thinning whole scalp is way worse then it was before proscar, the crown wasn't that visible...
I don't know what to do, taking 1mg proscar or minoxidil, I'm scared to f*** my face up with minoxidil..
I started nizoral but this makes my hair look way worse cosmetically .

Pictures haar11 and haar12 even the neck area and sides you can see al lot of thinning and fine little and long thick white hairs.

Because the crown is more thin, the low b12 and D can't be the culprit?

Alk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair is thinning all over. Id try to work on your health and id drop the sp. Stay on proscar althougg im not sure how ur taking .05 mg of proscar , is it by cutting the pills? Or are you taking half a pill of proscar which is 2.5 mg of finasteride ( brand name proscar is 5mg of finasteride for bph)
. Or do you mean ur taking .5 mg of finasteride?. Try to bump up to 1 mg.

AIH

My Regimen
Reaction score
I cut the proscar pills in 10 pieces.
Glad you see it too , it's just thinning all over the place even the donor area...
I must say my hair is way worse after 8 month's of fina. My scalp om my crown wasn't that visible before and just can't style my hair anymore.

Vitamine B12 deficiency can cause also white hair and thinning, vitamine D is very important for hair growth I read and I have been deficient from that also for 10 years I'm sure.
Can the crown be thinner because the natural crown has always less density ?
Have also many years of chronic stress at work, I think everything is in connection..
Also many graveyard shifts , also not good for hair I read... :(

Why drop SP?

Last edited:

JohnDoe989

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair regrowth is a long process. Had the same brusk shedding like you first time i saw it happening. You look like having a diffuse type of loss. Vit D will help you a ton. What i recommend:
1. Drop all shampoo and hair products except nizoral - 1-2/ week. Only water.
2. 1g/day of finasteride.
3. You say you don't want to try minoxidil but i think it will do you no harm. Use it in the morning only for 0.5ml/time.it will help.
4. Even if a ton of guys here will mock me, scalp massage really works. It takes a lot of time but by destroying the fibrosis in the scalp it makes it easier for blood to nurture the hair root. It will make your hair more denser and healthy. The key is to really press the scalp so that in time it will be less stiff. First time i got myself the hairloss was the first time i noticed that my scalp is harder. For more look at this guys post http://www.jdmoyer.com/2015/04/13/hair/
5. Eat healthy. Lots of meat and veggies. Try to reduce to a minimum sugar and any other liquids except water.
6. Do all this and give it time. Asset new hair after 6-8 months. Stop worrying so much. Imo your hair looks pretty messy not in coverage(that looks fine)but in it's unhealthy texture. Maybe it can look better if just haircut it shorter.

Edit: I took SP myself. Doesn't do sh*t except make you feel worse. So drop it. Biotin and vit D is the only things you should take. With fish oil if you can. And a good healthy diet. Oh... And zinc.. 50 mg/day.

Last edited:
Reactions: AIH