30 days on Propecia.....

Reaction score
Well, my first month is complete.

I'm taking 1mg Propecia, (damn it's expensive) and also using Nizoral, but that's about it. I was using Revivogen for about a year. Can't tell you if it worked or not. I've thinned more the past year, but not a ton, and barley noticable to anyone else.

Anyways... as for Propecia. No noticable side effects for me. My sex life seems fine. I did notice a softer boner the first week or two, but wondering if that was in my head. A little more watery ejaculate. Had a slight ball ache for maybe one day, but again, wonder if that was in my head. I've had ZERO shedding so far.... NONE.
Not sure if that's good or bad actually, since all I've read is that if you shed, it's working. (sigh)
We'll see, it's only been a month.

When do sides usually show up, if at all?

TAINTED-MEAT

Established Member
Reaction score
i just started on propecia 30 days also, lets keep each other posted to the progress.
i haven't noticed any side effects.

hellohello

Established Member
Reaction score
Don't look for sides, jeez sometimes I'm amazed at how people expect the worst all the time. Just don't think about it and keep popping away, MOST (90+%) of people have no side effects why would u be any different??

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i started 17 days ago!! i took yesterdays 8 hrs late. oops.

i thought i noticed a softer boner first week but better orgasms (dunno for sure), but i wake up hard now.

also, possible watery ejaculate yesterday.

yeh keep me updated too all of ya.

Reaction score
I have been on Propecia and Nizoral for a month and a half, too soon to see results. I would like to be included in this group. We should keep this thread updated and let each other know how things are going. I am a diffuse thinner by the way. My thinning is not yet noticeable to anyone else, but it is now to limp and thin to really style well. I will probably shave it pretty soon but continue on the meds to see what happens. I will also probably add minoxidil in the distant future if I dont see any regrowth from propecia.

Reaction score
I'll try to keep you guys updated. If I posted a picture, you guys might think, "whatever, it's not that bad...." I'd classify myself as somewhere between a Norwood 1 and Norwood 2. Maybe a 1.5. I do know I have a mole I never knew I had that's on my upper left hairline. I know my hair used to be very very thick, and now it isn't as thick. I also know there's been times my wife has run her hands through my hair and pulled out quite a few. I'm 35, and have a pretty full head of hair still, but it's starting to recede more and more. My dad is completely bald.

When I first started to freak, I was ripped off by Kevis. I have since only used Revivogen. I think it helps with the health of the scalp. Can't tell you if it's slowed hair loss or not, I'd like to think it has. I tried hitting the problem earlier rather than later. It was only recently I decided to give Propecia a try. I always worried about sides, but decided I'd give it a shot.

Never did like the idea of Monoxodil. If something only helps my crown, but I still lose up front.. to me, personally, that's money I'd rather not waste. Just my opinion. If it ever got that bad, I'd just shave my head and enjoy life with people rubbing my head. Times are a bit different now, it's more acceptable. Still, I'd like to keep my hair.
I use Nizoral Shampoo every three days too.

Primex

Established Member
Reaction score
Good luck dude, I've been on it for 2 months myself and no sides either. I stopped looking and started looking for some positive results. I stopped shedding, but I was shedding before I started taking them, so that's something I guess.

powersam

Reaction score
looking for or expecting side effects will most probably cause side effects

TAINTED-MEAT

Established Member
Reaction score
yeah man i used kevi's too right when i started noticing thinning at 16. I used it for 2.5 years and i kept balding! Now at 20, i've regressed to a Norwood 2.5 so buyer beware