3 Years On Finasteride, And Now This..?

Richard43

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,

I’ve been on generic finasteride for just over 3 years now. I always had longish hair with a fringe and really started to notice thinning on my hairline which was more severe on my temples at 19 y/o.

Tried all the home remedies, pumpkins seed oil etc etc etc but my hair continued to thin out. That’s when I decided to get on finasteride. I haven’t experienced any side effects. Over the three years my hairline has only moved back maybe half a cm, which I believe would be much much worse without finasteride. My only issue now is that my hair all over seems to have thinned out loads over time. Where’s before it was just my hairline. So it seems the drug has seriously slowed the rate I’m LOSING my hair but now my hair is seriously thin all over. It’s at the point I don’t want to stand under bright lights (I’m blond and it lights up white!) and I have to use thickening powders etc. My hair can also no longer be long or it looks bad, it’s now cropped so make it look less thin.

I hate to compare but I can almost compare it to Donald trumps hair, has hair but looks awful. Almost fake.

Anyone else had a similar experience or know of anything that may help me?

I also have used nizoral 2% ket shampoo at random points but barely worth mentioning as gone months without, then week on, then randomly used again months down the line again.

Slid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe add duta and minoxidil?You can use minoxidil only once,before you go to bed.