3 y/o hair loss with absolutely no receding hairline?

hitme

Reaction score
Hi,

I've been losing my hair for 3 years with no receding hairline!

It's kind of diffuse, which makes it a good camouflage but right now it's starting to show so I'm considering doing something about it.

I'm losing hair all over the top (that's for sure), back and maybe sides (some white spots there, which surprises me considering that these areas are immune to MBP). Lots of dandruff and some itching (even in the lower back of the head where I don't lose hair).

My hairline stayed the same (thick and all) and doesn't seem to be affected by the hair loss/thinning or whatever this is.

So, what do you think?

Thanks everyone!

uk100

Reaction score
mine is similar, it probably still is male pattern baldness, it can occur like the way you said

Nene

Reaction score
If the hair loss is patchy and/or occuring on the sides and back of your head where bald men typicall keep their hair, it probably ins't male pattern hair loss. However, it is possible to go bald in a pattern where the hairline remains in tact at first; I have a friend with no recession and a bald spot about a centimeter behind the center of his hairline in a round shape, several inches in diameter. You shouldl see a dermatologist, it doesn't sound like male pattern baldness to me.

kc444

Established Member
Reaction score
Hair loss around the sideburns is not uncommon with diffuse thinners. It sounds like you have androgenetic alopecia.

Also, your hair line does not need to be affected for you to have male pattern baldness. My hair line is more or less in tact as well. This is usually a good thing when it comes to your success with various treatments.