3 weeks 0.25 propecia and watery semen

m.gibson

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have been taking 0.25 propecia for 3 weeks and have noticed that my semen has become very watery. This is not in my head and not the placebo effect. Has anybody else had this experience? Is this just my body getting used to the medication? If so how long do you think before my semen looks the same as it did before?

Please advise me. I DONT know what to do

Mens Rea

Reaction score
Yes, this is a known side.

You are only of the unlucky 2% (sense my sarcasm here) :whistle:

Up to you if you want to keep taking it. Sometimes people's side subside over time, sometimes they just get worse. Your call. I know what i'd do.

Mens Rea

Reaction score
Enden said:
It's caused by DHT deficiency, and it's normal.

Yeah.

Suppression of DHT can shrink the prostrate. Seminal fluid is coming from the prostrate. The connection is very clear.

The problem with me is that i still have this problem one year after stopping the drug and i have very high DHT levels now.

Maybe the DHT is in my blood but not reaching the cells in critical areas such as the prostrate. This is why 3-adiolG is important as it is the primary marker of 5ARII intercellular activity given it is a metabolite of DHT.

Ende

Reaction score
I have no idea. The only thing I know is that Proviron, and Andractim (rubbed on my scrotum) makes the prostate fluid solid white.

m.gibson

Established Member
Reaction score
Im only taking 0.25 im glad i didnt take the 1mg. Has anybody experienced these sides and they subsided after continuing usage?

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
m.gibson said:
Im only taking 0.25 im glad i didnt take the 1mg. Has anybody experienced these sides and they subsided after continuing usage?

Quite a few people on this forum have said it's subsided with time. Others say it improves a little.

Is this your only real side effect? I'd keep on taking it if it was.

m.gibson

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes so far it's the only side affect. I'm going to give 2 more weeks and make an assessment. I
Just hope that it's not ruining my fertility. I'm glad i started off at this dosage.

Prop

Established Member
Reaction score
m.gibson said:
Yes so far it's the only side affect. I'm going to give 2 more weeks and make an assessment. I
Just hope that it's not ruining my fertility. I'm glad i started off at this dosage.

better was get a spermiogram before starting finasteride and then another one after 1 yr treatment

i got asthenospermia and terathospermia, still present after 3 ys discontinuation

one member got infertility, i had no news about him

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=56678&hilit=i%27m+infertile

m.gibson

Established Member
Reaction score
A little update..

The watery semen has now gone. But i think i will give it some more time...

However i am feeling less sensation when ejaculating? Will this subside? Its very scray, i hope it will subside.

Please reply guys im getting stressed. Oh and its not just in my head!

Also i dnt think its worth me increasing the dosage.

Ende

Reaction score
m.gibson said:
However i am feeling less sensation when ejaculating? Will this subside? Its very scray, i hope it will subside.
It could be because of increased prolactin level. Another possibility is weaker muscles because of DHT deficiency (DHT increases muscle strength).

Rawtashk

Reaction score
Ok....take a deeeeeep breath and slowly exhale.

You have to stop freaking out and associating everything with finasteride. If you don't, then every bump and bruise that you get will instantly make you say "OMG! finasteride SIDES!!!?!!!?!?!!!!?" One will go away, and you'll find something else to freak out about.

Also, don't worry about muscle loss on Propecia
"Skeletal muscle is unique from other androgen dependent tissues in the body. It actually contains little or no 5-AR, so little or no DHT is actually formed in the muscle. In addition to this, any DHT that is formed, or that is already present in the blood and travels to the muscle, is quickly deactivated by an enzyme called 3alpha-hydroxysteroid reductase (3a-HSD)."

Here are some pictures of what I was able to accomplish with p90x while on propecia
41316_1424798618658_1193520550_31215866_6477753_n.jpg

39974_1424798778662_1193520550_31215867_2982489_n.jpg

44663_1424800418703_1193520550_31215870_1225942_n.jpg

I'm no peapoddy...but I don't think it's too bad for a non-genetic freak! :)

Ende

Reaction score
Nice, you're ripped. Have you noticed any changes to your sexual function while using Propecia?

Rawtashk

Reaction score
Hard to say specifically, because of a few factors.

1: I was single when I started, and I've only slept with girls when I'm in a serious relationship. Therefore, I wasn't sexually active.

2: I'm 27 now, and I assume that there is a gradual drop-off in most men over the course of 4 years.

But, I have no complaints about my performance. Sometimes I imagine that my wife would welcome some of the sexual sides from finasteride :innocent:

Ende

Reaction score
Rawtashk said:
I have no complaints about my performance. Sometimes I imagine that my wife would welcome some of the sexual sides from finasteride :innocent:
That's good! Your hair looks great as well.

m.gibson

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: 3 weeks 0.25 propecia and watery semen: UPDATE

Please advise: Input would be great from as many people as possible.

Its been a month now since taking 0.25 daily. The watery semen comes and goes. I dont get morning wood no more and SOMETIMES i dont get as good sensation as im used to when ejaculating.

Will this subside from you guys experience or should i think about quitting?

PLEASE ADVISE

Regards

Rawtashk

Reaction score
How often did you get morning wood before you started finasteride? (answer this one HONESTLY! If you don't really know, then don't tell yourself that you used to get it all the time)

Is the "reduced sensation" really a giantly noticeable amount? Or, are you possibly just looking for side effects? Remember, if you look hard enough, you'll ALWAYS find something to try and associate with finasteride.

My thought is that the "decreased sensation" might because of the fact that you're worrying so much about it. Before finasteride you would finish off and not give it a second thought. After finasteride you finish off and are probably worrying about it in the process of it! Just that would be enough for me to not enjoy it as much!

However, it's possible (though unlikely) that you are having problems. My suggestion would be to stick it out for 3 months. Just force yourself to ignore it. If you were having serious brainfog and couldn't get it up, THEN I would say to drop it. But, as I see it, it's too early to do that and the (possible) sides aren't bad enough (imo). Remember, a minority of the people have sides, and a vast majority of them stop the sides soon after stopping finasteride.

Hang in there.

Prop

Established Member
Reaction score
Rawtashk said:
Here are some pictures of what I was able to accomplish with p90x while on propecia

i didn't understand
u were on propecia (skinny pic) and u lose ur skinny form after quit?