3 week propecia update

youngguy_uk

Established Member
Reaction score
a day away from the 3 week mark of propecia. i know this isnt newhere near the 10 or so months im going to wait till i fully judge my results, but maybe some clues can b picked up from here.

first 1-2 weeks noticed some visible loss about 1cm or so behind the hairline. noticed this from the way i usually style my hair..usually add a little bit of wax and push forward. when i did this after starting propecia, i noticed i could c some scalp from looking head on, so had to add a little sideways quiff to cover this.

3rd week this gap behind the hair may have stopped losing, but not sure bcos hair is a bit longer so hard to tell.

am hoping im going through a shed that will b followed by regrowth or thickening..really keeping fingers crossed. i figure i miight b on a shed bcos before starting propecia i noticed about 20 hairs in the bath after id finished..only about 7 or 8 were normal thick hairs and the rest were thin ones. yesterday after a bath i noticed about 30, most of which were thick ones. ne clues as to what this may indicate?

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
You'll drive yourself nuts analyzing your progress every week. Try your best only to make incremental judgments on a monthly basis at the *very* most. Propecia treatment is known to be a roller coaster ride, so there will be up weeks and down weeks constantly.

Many people shed for the entire first 4 months on the treatment, but rest assured, it WILL grow back in. Shedding is a sign that its working.

HairLossTalk.com

youngguy_uk

Established Member
Reaction score
ok thanks i was just wondering if most people would class what i described as a shed. i know its hard to tell.

as for the up and down shedding process..do most people on propecia who shed once shed a few times in the year? and does this shedding dissipate?