3 questions before starting finasteride

Pak

Reaction score
1st: How many ppl really have succes with finasteride? Because i think thousans are under treatment and active here on this forum but only a few succes stories that ive read.

2nd: All of those who started finasteride faced this shedding before starting to see some results?

3rd: Is that true that finasteride could help with seb dermatits?(this is what my derm said).

Thanks in advance ... i created this topic becoz i wanna know how many chances i have to see some real results with finasteride..

abcdefg

Reaction score
Your derm said finasteride can help with seb derm? I think I have seb derm and I suspect propecia would help but im afraid to try it and most doctors say dht is not linked at all to itchy scalps or seb derm .

Pak

Reaction score
abcdefg said:
Your derm said finasteride can help with seb derm? I think I have seb derm and I suspect propecia would help but im afraid to try it and most doctors say dht is not linked at all to itchy scalps or seb derm .

this is what my derm said.

but he also said that no shedding will appear during finasteride.. but many of you say that shed. is true ..

i dont know what to belive...

anyone to answer to those questions?

tx

beaner

Reaction score
Pak said:
1st: How many ppl really have succes with finasteride? Because i think thousans are under treatment and active here on this forum but only a few succes stories that ive read...

Do you really think you can find "thousands" of active posters here? Try counting them and get back to me if you get above 100-150 or so, of regular, active posters(meaning more than a few posts here and there) You need to realize that most people that are on treatments especially those that are responding nicely, probably don't even know this site exists.

Pak said:
2nd: All of those who started finasteride faced this shedding before starting to see some results?..

I never had a shed that I noticed. Great results.

Pak said:
3rd: Is that true that finasteride could help with seb dermatits?(this is what my derm said)....

I don't know, but I think there are posters here with that condition.

retropunk

Established Member
Reaction score
Cassin said:
why did you make another thread on this?

yeah, I saw this thread, and thought, "Wait... didn't I already respond to this?!"

RaginDemon

Reaction score
he is a newbie

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i must say, finasteride did seem to be auccessful, yet I have stopped taking it due to side affects. My main issues being gyno which i noticed the onset of, and fertility issues which may arise.

I do beleive i was a great responder....

Pak

Reaction score
yeah.. seems i have to wait until ill go to the next episode of my life.. taking finasteride for baldness.
Now im only 17 ... and i MUST hope that my hair will grow as it was before taking accutane.

Till then i have to find a treatment for my seb derm.

good luck everyone!

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Pak said:
yeah.. seems i have to wait until ill go to the next episode of my life.. taking finasteride for baldness.
Now im only 17 ... and i MUST hope that my hair will grow as it was before taking accutane.

Till then i have to find a treatment for my seb derm.

good luck everyone!

give it 2 yrs...take it when your 19