3 months today, Promising results :D

Jack23-

Established Member
Reaction score
Okay, i've been on Finasteride 1mg (Finpecia), Minoxidil 5%(Kirkland) 1.5ml twice a day and Nizoral 2% three months today and i can say that my hair is making a full recovery :punk:

I also added 1500mg of MSM and Vit C and Omega-3 about two weeks in.

As i am idiot, i never took any photos, and i'm a bit apprehensive about posting pictures here, however, three months ago my hair looked like sh*t. I have dark blonde hair and am a diffuse thinner. My crown was the worse - really really thin to the point where you could see my scalp in any light. As my hair is blonde, my hair was starting to turn white with the miniaturization of my new shite hairs growing through.

Today, my hair is much much denser. My crown is starting to fill in and i have had outragous regrowth on my temples. My new temple hair is getting thicker and darker but is yet to start growing out longer. The middle to front of my scalp has shown the best results with a real thickening up and general appearence looking 50% better than it did three months ago. I look at pictures of me on holiday in June 2008 and i think 'holy f*** my hair looks shite' Now i am very confident about my hair and progress it is making.

I still feel that from behind (crown) it is still clear to see that i suffer from male pattern baldness however from the front my hair now looks perfectly fine NW1/NW2, just a little thin. As i am fair haired and my mother has very fair hair, it looks a lot worse than it actually is but thanks to my regimen things are looking good now. I am confident that by month 6 my hair would have made an even bigger recovery (fingers crossed) as my regimen is definitely working. My parents and family members have commented on how good my hair looks now, which i am pleased with.

I experienced a shed in the first month and my hair looked awful at the end of month 1. It was the middle of month 2 i started seeing results. I suffered breast tenderness the first 2 weeks and higher libido. Apart from that i have suffered no other side effects.

I thought i'd share - even if there are no photos - as i hope this gives people hope. The big three really does work/help A LOT.

:punk:

I have decided that i will post a picture of my hair on month 4 so if you wish to see, check back here in a month!

Jack23-

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks dude. I suffered breast tenderness the first 2 weeks and higher libido. Apart from that i have suffered no other side effects. :)

follicle84

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks, thats a pretty good review. Keep it up. Most people keep making progress on finasteride up to 2 years. Your results by then will leave you with no visble hairloss whatsoever. Good look

Jack23-

Established Member
Reaction score
You think so? Thats a question i've had in my mind - as i'm getting regrowth, will it keep improving or will it peak soon?

wantbackmyhairnow

Reaction score
You had regrowth because of minoxidil and nizoral and not because of finasteride!Finasteride works very slow and start to act only after 6 months!

Jack23-

Established Member
Reaction score
I dunno player, finasteride i think stopped the hairloss and brought back to life my hair follicles, i was on 2% minoxidil almost 7 months before i started my regimen and my hair got worse and worse.

icdalite

Established Member
Reaction score
geez, I have pretty much followed Jack23's path. Started with minoxidil ~10 months ago. around the 7 month mark (seeing not much improvement) i jumped on to finpecia.

Its been almost 5 months on finasteride/minoxidil/nizoral combo and am not seeing any regrowth. The only positive, shedding has reduced quite a bit. But because i'm still shedding my hairline on the left side is really thin and scalp on the vertex too can bee seen now.

Looks like minoxidil does not do anything to the hairline as I have steadily lost ground there. I have in the past 2 months or so, reduced minoxidil application to once every other day.

Looks like I have to wait for another month to see if finasteride works its magic....

Jack23-

Established Member
Reaction score
I havn't posted on here for a while and i guess it's because my hairs really improving and i'm not worrying as much about my hairloss.

It's been now seven months, on Finpecia, Kirkland minoxidil, Nizoral, MSM, Vit C and Omega-3 and i can my say my hair is continuing to improve. From the front, you can't even tell i suffer from hairloss, my hair has almost completely grown back and is continuing to get thicker and thicker.

To my suprise - i thought i was only maintaining on my crown - my crown has now started to fill in too! Slowly hairs are going terminal and it looks like it's going to thicken up in the next couple of months but i will have to wait and see.

Only last weeek, i saw an old uni friend in a bar who commented within minutes of the conversation starting up on my hair, saying i had way more of it. I can't tell you how much this has helped me regain my self esteem and confidence.

I just thought i'd share this for encouragement. If i wasn't for this site my hair would really look like sh*t now.

Thank you hairlosstalk and everyone who helped me out.
:)

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
What age are you?

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the success.

It really sucks that some people have no luck with finasteride/minoxidil/nizoral and
others have great results. You would think that results would be
within a certain range but some get total regrowth and others
nothing. I think if I had started at 23 I'd be in the total regrowth
camp but I'm pretty happy with what I did get back.