3 Months On Minoxidil. Advice Please

Unlucky93

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, I'm 26, have been on finasteride for a long time but added minoxidil 3 months ago to see what it would do. Personally, I haven't noticed any sides (shedding, bloating etc), but not sure I've noticed any improvements either.

I've only been applying minoxidil to my hairline and it's a bit annoying to do twice a day if I'm not getting any rewards.

What do you guys think? What Norwood am I? If I stop minoxidil, I would suddenly start shedding healthy hairs, will I?

First 4 pics with pink headband are before minoxidil
Last 4 with blue headband are today

Attachments

• 20181211_112047.jpg
    20181211_112047.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 293
  • 20181211_110006.jpg
    20181211_110006.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 264
  • 20181211_110018.jpg
    20181211_110018.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 276
  • 20181211_110010.jpg
    20181211_110010.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 256
  • 20190521_153433.jpg
    20190521_153433.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 262
  • 20190521_153453.jpg
    20190521_153453.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 262
  • 20190521_153446.jpg
    20190521_153446.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 266
  • 20190521_153441.jpg
    20190521_153441.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 266
Last edited:

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
It should have helped you by now. I think there is maintained hairline which is good sign because hairline is the mostly fukked area in male pattern baldness . I advice you to add dermarolling once a week with 1 mm or 1.5 mm needles so that minoxidil can get absorbed nicely. I am doing that and I think it would be best strategy for you if Finasteride is not helping you gaining hairs.

Unlucky93

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It should have helped you by now. I think there is maintained hairline which is good sign because hairline is the mostly fukked area in male pattern baldness . I advice you to add dermarolling once a week with 1 mm or 1.5 mm needles so that minoxidil can get absorbed nicely. I am doing that and I think it would be best strategy for you if Finasteride is not helping you gaining hairs.
I do occasionally dermaroll. Might start trying it once a week then. My hairline has always been kind of sh*t to be honest so I'm pretty happy maintaining. What Norwood am I currently?

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
I do occasionally dermaroll. Might start trying it once a week then. My hairline has always been kind of sh*t to be honest so I'm pretty happy maintaining. What Norwood am I currently?
Norwood 2. But u have thick hairs that is good to cover up and all and all makes you look less bald.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You dont experience shedding or improvements because you dont have hairloss you f*****g retard.
Stop taking drugs and leave this f*****g forum. Why on earth do you have 470 posts here with a NW1 hairline?
Holy sh*t some of the people here

Unlucky93

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You dont experience shedding or improvements because you dont have hairloss you f*****g retard.
Stop taking drugs and leave this f*****g forum. Why on earth do you have 470 posts here with a NW1 hairline?
Holy sh*t some of the people here
I've never felt happier about being called a retard. The guy before tells me I'm a NW2 now you say I'm ok. I feel like I definitely have some recession?

It's better to be safe than sorry. That's why I'm asking people if I should stop minoxidil.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, you dont have f*****g hairloss. Thats why you dont need to be safe than sorry.
The guy who says you are a NW2 is a paranoid, mentally ill, fear mongering idiot like 60% of this forum. Even if that was true, it is NOT NORMAL to have a zero, or child-like hairline as a male adult. Thats how male adult hairlines simply look like.
I feel sorry for you that this pathetic fear mongering got to you so much it made you spend enough time on this forum to make it to 470 forum posts and take powerful drugs, while having a perfect hairline and perfect hair.
Again, mark my words: Stop taking drugs, stop visiting this forum.
The fact that you experienced zero shedding on minoxidil means that none of your f*****g hairs are damaged. Hence none of your hairs fell out in these 3 months.

Unlucky93

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, you dont have f*****g hairloss. Thats why you dont need to be safe than sorry.
The guy who says you are a NW2 is a paranoid, mentally ill, fear mongering idiot like 60% of this forum. Even if that was true, it is NOT NORMAL to have a zero, or child-like hairline as a male adult. Thats how male adult hairlines simply look like.
I feel sorry for you that this pathetic fear mongering got to you so much it made you spend enough time on this forum to make it to 470 forum posts and take powerful drugs, while having a perfect hairline and perfect hair.
Again, mark my words: Stop taking drugs, stop visiting this forum.
The fact that you experienced zero shedding on minoxidil means that none of your f*****g hairs are damaged. Hence none of your hairs fell out in these 3 months.

Ok thanks.

Tbf most of my posts are trying to help other people. I've only made like 4 on my own hair in 2 years.

I'll probably stop minoxidil then.

Would still like other opinions though

Snakeshed

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree with moosey, your hairline is very good. You are a nw1 not nw2 as said earlier. I wondering if the guy who said nw2 knows what the norwood scale is.
Actually i was surprised to see a full head of hair on those pic. Who is the guy on your profile pic then?

Unlucky93

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree with moosey, your hairline is very good. You are a nw1 not nw2 as said earlier. I wondering if the guy who said nw2 knows what the norwood scale is.
Actually i was surprised to see a full head of hair on those pic. Who is the guy on your profile pic then?
Ok, thanks and just some random meme guy. Hairloss is the least of his worries.

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil needs at least 4 months to see some results and takes the peak about 6-7 months.Anyway your hair looks good as your hairline