Jpw1999

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
BEFORE finasteride
DSC_0028_2.JPGDSC_0029.JPGDSC_0025.JPGDSC_0027_2.JPG

3 MONTHS ON finasteride

DSC_0016~2.JPGDSC_0014.JPGDSC_0016~2.JPGDSC_0014~2.JPG
Can't tell if those small hairs on my left temple are more miniaturizing hairs or the old ones growing thicker and longer.

Last edited:

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks man, yeah I'd be happy maintaining it and glad I got on finasteride when I did instead of waiting even longer.
Yeah, I made the mistake of waiting 9 months afraid of finasteride. My left temple is ruined now and I'm now contemplating surgery if I don't get regrowth. It sucks when your hairline is sh*t and unfortunately it is the first to go.

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
To elaborate a little. on my hairline my right temple would be similar to yours but there is like a 1x1 cm² of thinning that is somewhat noticeable. The left side is much worse. About 3x1 cm² of very noticeable balding. It's terrible. When I turn my head left or up during the day I look like I'm balding and looking straight ahead I look ok. But constantly swiping my hair to the side is annoying and it's like the modern day combover to most women. Combover used to be grow hair heavy on one side and pull it over a bald head. Then it evolved to the same principle but over thinning hair. Now it's just hiding the bad hairline.

Jpw1999

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
To elaborate a little. on my hairline my right temple would be similar to yours but there is like a 1x1 cm² of thinning that is somewhat noticeable. The left side is much worse. About 3x1 cm² of very noticeable balding. It's terrible. When I turn my head left or up during the day I look like I'm balding and looking straight ahead I look ok. But constantly swiping my hair to the side is annoying and it's like the modern day combover to most women. Combover used to be grow hair heavy on one side and pull it over a bald head. Then it evolved to the same principle but over thinning hair. Now it's just hiding the bad hairline.
The hairstyle that I find best for thinning hairlines / receding is growing it longer on top and pushing it forward a little, if I spike my hair there's obvious thinning in sun light but none under harsh lighting when my hair is pushed forward. I've had this hairstyle even before balding because it covers my large forehead.

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
The hairstyle that I find best for thinning hairlines / receding is growing it longer on top and pushing it forward a little, if I spike my hair there's obvious thinning in sun light but none under harsh lighting when my hair is pushed forward. I've had this hairstyle even before balding because it covers my large forehead.
That's what I'm going for.

OfficialWater

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride kills DHT it doesn’t necessary regrow. You should try derma rolling once a week with a 1.5 mm needle.

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score

jazz1

Reaction score
Takes time.….

Jpw1999

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wasn't expecting regrowth, I caught my hair loss pretty early and would be happy just maintaining, would be nice if regrowth happened though.

jazz1

Reaction score
I wasn't expecting regrowth, I caught my hair loss pretty early and would be happy just maintaining, would be nice if regrowth happened though.
Regrowth add the below….

Minoxidil
Derma Roller
Ketaconazole

Jpw1999

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Regrowth add the below….

Minoxidil
Derma Roller
Ketaconazole
I plan to start those treatments if I keep losing hair, atm I want to use the least amount of treatments as possible. I watch Kevin Mann and MPMD quite reguarlary, they seem to know more than most about male hair loss.

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
I plan to start those treatments if I keep losing hair, atm I want to use the least amount of treatments as possible. I watch Kevin Mann and MPMD quite reguarlary, they seem to know more than most about male hair loss.
Both those guys are helpful. They are kinda like hair loss consultants instead of hear loss surgeons who will know things from a different angle but they have useful information. I got my androgen breakdown before starting finasteride thanks to Derek's advice. I think everyone should get at the very least their test, free test, dht, and estradiol levels to get base levels before starting finasteride. Kevin is entertaining and talks about other treatments possibly down the road.

My goal is to maintain as much hair as I can until 40 and if there are better treatment options then I'll drop my finasteride dose and stack it with the new treatment and get surgery with a low hairline since I'll feel a lot more confident on stabilizing my hair long term. If they can get unlimited donor hair then this curse is forever vanquished.

Jpw1999

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Both those guys are helpful. They are kinda like hair loss consultants instead of hear loss surgeons who will know things from a different angle but they have useful information. I got my androgen breakdown before starting finasteride thanks to Derek's advice. I think everyone should get at the very least their test, free test, dht, and estradiol levels to get base levels before starting finasteride. Kevin is entertaining and talks about other treatments possibly down the road.

My goal is to maintain as much hair as I can until 40 and if there are better treatment options then I'll drop my finasteride dose and stack it with the new treatment and get surgery with a low hairline since I'll feel a lot more confident on stabilizing my hair long term. If they can get unlimited donor hair then this curse is forever vanquished.
I didn't bother getting all of that tested, I went to my gp 2 years ago and got laughed at, hair loss isn't taken seriously in the UK, especially if you catch it early.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I didn't bother getting all of that tested, I went to my gp 2 years ago and got laughed at, hair loss isn't taken seriously in the UK, especially if you catch it early.

Im from the uk too, i was planning on going to my GP at some point in the future, like you my hair loss is not severe, just diffused thinning crown.....i wonder if they will laugh at me too? lol

Jpw1999

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im from the uk too, i was planning on going to my GP at some point in the future, like you my hair loss is not severe, just diffused thinning crown.....i wonder if they will laugh at me too? lol
They won't do anything, my GP was balding himself and he told me that nothing works. Get your prescription online.

Jpw1999

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They won't take you seriously unless you have severe hair loss and even then they would probably just recommend therapy.