3 months later... minoxidil 5%, Finasteride, and Various Shampoo

knn

Reaction score
I started on Jun 26 but took my first pix on Jun 29. My picture-taking regimen has been right after a haircut -- 1 1/2 "finger length" cut. Apply 1.5ML minoxidil to temple areas (it's quite wet!) and then brush my hair to spread the minoxidil a bit. I am taking 1/4 of a 5mg finasteride pill each day. I have been using Nizoral on and off and Head and Shoulders on and off again. I tried Folligen briefly and would like to find a substitute for it but I just had a very small amount (about 8-10 washings to try).

Here are my pix from Jun 29 and September 26 -- 3 months of using the stuff...

June 29 Left Temple:
[attachment=3:6tuxu868]June 29 Left Temple.JPG[/attachment:6tuxu868]
September 26 Left temple:
[attachment=2:6tuxu868]September 26 Left Temple.JPG[/attachment:6tuxu868]
June 29 Right Temple:
[attachment=1:6tuxu868]June 29 Right Temple.JPG[/attachment:6tuxu868]
September 26 Right Temple:
[attachment=0:6tuxu868]September 26 Right Temple.JPG[/attachment:6tuxu868]

Please take a close look and tell me what you think....

Attachments

• June 29 Left Temple.JPG
    June 29 Left Temple.JPG
    908.3 KB · Views: 568
  • September 26 Left Temple.JPG
    September 26 Left Temple.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 500
  • June 29 Right Temple.JPG
    June 29 Right Temple.JPG
    865.8 KB · Views: 488
  • September 26 Right Temple.JPG
    September 26 Right Temple.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 459

sidekick96

Reaction score
hey knn,

your left temple has great improvement imo right temples however i cant tell the difference. but it seems the left needed more work so :bravo:

frontal

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Congrats.

I'm reaching my 2nd month on finasteride.
Hope to achieve same goal as you in 3rd month.

knn

Reaction score
captain_que said:
looks good!! did you notice any sides from the finasteride??

No sides from finasteride that I can tell. I'd still hit anything that moves, lol. No issue there. When I do, it's still as good as ever.

Now with the minoxidil, I have itchy scalp, mild headaches, and sometimes feel my heart elevate...

I will say that for the first 2 months I was absolutely religious in my application. I've missed a morning or evening application here and there and haven't always thoroughly wet my scalp on more than one occasion due to having to rush out of the door. Overall thought, I continue with the finasteride and the minoxidil.

I would say that within the first month I had a tiny "forest" of small brown hairs (not the blond stuff -- I have that, too.) sprouting on both sides. The sprouting has slowed it seems but what's there is getting thicker.

One final note -- no shedding -- knock on wood. There is VERY LITTLE hair in the shower or in my hands when I shampoo. Maybe just a few strands rather than the dozens I would see before I started so at a minimum, I'm hanging on to what I have.

knn

Reaction score
The bit of fill-in that has occurred has pretty much made my temples no-so-bare looking. I'm certainly pleased with that. I can scrub my scalp with my nails and literally not pull out more than one or two hairs. I then condition and again, I need none or at worst, 1 or 2 hairs. This is well reduced over what I'd see before -- easily 20-30 hairs going down the drain. If I can just hang on to my limited new growth and not go backward, I'd be completely fine with it....

I'll post pics again at 6 months.