3 months in, finally realized my hair is worse

Deaner

Reaction score
I've gotta find a camera first, I wanna start documenting it though. It's also gonna be tough to check though, considering I'm growing my hair out, so length could also influence the appearance of density.

G

Good to hear you are going to take the pics. If you can't get a camera within the month, I suggest you just take the pictures with a disposable camera so you at least have somthing. Also another suggestion, when you take the pics each month or however you are going to document it, try to have your hair around the same length in all the pics.

silkeysmooth

Established Member
Reaction score
youre only 18 dean? i know how you feel, im only 20, and going to school just sucks. I usually wear a hat, cause for obvious reasons, but on days that i dont, i use toppik, and holy sh*t that stuff works. I didnt think it would, but its perfect for me. i dont know if you tried it, and im not sure if you could get it less than the 20$ small bottle, but i recommend giving it a try. If only they had samples...
BTW have you seen a derm? you sure your suffering from male pattern baldness? I know alot of people here will be like "No dude its male pattern baldness just live with it cause i have to and its not fair if you dont have male pattern baldness" but definitely get it checked out.
And contrary to what that one moron said, i doubt your hair follicles are dead.

The Dude

Reaction score
Curious about Toppik, If you were to go on a roller coaster at an amusement park, would the stuff blow out of your hair and freak out your date?

Deaner

Reaction score
Yea, only 18. Went to the derm, I'm about a NW2, definitely male pattern baldness, runs in the family. Density on top just isn't what it is all around. It's tough when you realize you've gotta go face the school population, and your confidence just isn't gonna be what it was last year around this time.

youngguy_uk

Established Member
Reaction score
hey deaner, im 18 too. get highlights on your tips, but not touching the scalp - it can add a LOT of density to your hair appearance. im young too but i know ive got the knowledge of a lot of hairloss treatments that other people dont, and in 5 years time, tonnes more of my peers will be suffering from hairloss issues, and il probably (hopefully too) be better off than they will be then. so hang in there, stay on a strict regimen and give it time. its early days.

Deaner

Reaction score
I've shaved my head before, I don't have the right head shape for it...

Deaner

Reaction score
At least your head's a uniform size the whole way up :p It really doesn't look bad at all on you, you can pull it off way better than I can.

silkeysmooth

Established Member
Reaction score
about toppik:
It seems for me at least to hold fairly well. I went all day at school with it, and it didnt fall off, but you have to have hairspray or something to hold it in place.
also, the place i work has a constant fan blowing overhead, and it held for me, i think. Either that, or im entirely imagining my hairloss

But a roller coaster? hmm, i dont know about that. Thats a good question.

Deaner, have you tried volumizing shampoos or conditioners? i dont know if they actually work, or if they would help a diffuser, but i suppose theyre worth a shot.

youngguy_uk

Established Member
Reaction score
i use vo5 volumising shampoo, also have used trevor sorbie thickening shampoo. cosmetically improve your hair A LOT.