3 Months In And My Hair System Is Still In Great Condition. How Long Do Yours Last?

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When I first started wearing hair systems last December, I was told that an average lace system will last about 3 to 4 months maximum. I'm nearly 3 months into wearing my current stock Swiss lace system (I replaced my first system in February due to messing up my first one) and it is still in really good condition. Sure, I've looked after it well, but I wonder if it's a myth that they only last 3 months and could be extended to 4, 5 or even 6 months if really looked after properly? I suppose it helps that my system is a fairly thick density and is 6 inches in length - perhaps guys with shorter haired/thinner density systems won't get as much life out of them.

I am thinking about going for 3 custom systems per year as I reckon I could easily get 4 months per system. So what type of system do you wear, and how often do you replace it? I'm just wondering what the limits REALLY are for how long they can last (not what the hair system companies tell you, as they want you to replace every 3 months to make more money).

ChromeyFirefox

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The condition of mine has never been an issue. Colour has.

One of my salons was very bad with the hair and it faded beyond belief within a couple of months.

My current one is fine after 4 months