3-Month Update

Dinzy

Established Member
Reaction score
I just recently passed my three month mark on finasteride and Min. I have used Nizoral for years as well. I also have upped the vitamin intake and take MSM and some antioxidants.

I have diffuse loss with a really bad patch over my right temple, or where I used to part my hair. Initially I experienced alot of shedding. Now I truly do not know if it was due to finasteride. min, or just male pattern baldness. I didn't notice any hairloss until early May so it all came as a surprise. I thinned out really quickly from February until May ( in between haircuts) so my shed may have just been a continuation of that. There was a period during the winter where I had some serious scalp itch and those spots are the thinnest.

Now I still shed, but it seems less intense so I think it is just normal shedding plus male pattern baldness effected hairs. I see hairs falling out that are about 1.5 inches and tapered and I also shed hairs that look like they were velus ofr 1cm and then got a tad thicker. As far as results go the is the only result I can claim so far is less shedding of good hairs. My hair may be a little worse off then when I started, but not by much. Unfortunately I have no good pictures to go by, just a frontal shot with my hair dry and it looks about the same.

I am not one of those miracle responders, but I am certainly not one of those horror stories either. I think things are going to get better, or at least not get worse at an alarming rate and that gives me some relief. I still obsess over my hair, but this whole thing is still pretty new to me so hopefully I can get over it and ride out the first year or so of this treatment regimen.