3 Month Update: Good results, or trick photography?

TortoiseAndHair

Established Member
Reaction score
I didn't nearly get the response and encouragement from the "My Story" forum that I need to continue putting all this crap on my hair every day.

What do you guys think? Am I making progress, or should I shave my head now?

http://photos.yahoo.com/tortoiseandhairhlt

The top 8 photos are the baseline. The bottom 8 are 3 month pics.

misterium

Reaction score
"Or should I shave my head now?"

heheh man that's the same thing I say to myself... I've just started my 3rd month on Propecia (crown/vertex thinner, no bald spots).. and I'm thinkin, if it doesn't work for me after a year, and I lose a lot of hair and go bald.. well, time to bust out the clippers and go skinhead !

Your hair quality looks like it is improving/thickening. I can see in some photos that your crown looks less thin than it used to.

:)

Petchsky

Reaction score
If i were you i would be feeling quite smug. They are some good results, definate progress....put them clippers back in the box.

TortoiseAndHair

Established Member
Reaction score
Cool, thanks for the responses.
I just didn't want to fool myself into thinking I was seeing improvement, when I was the only one who could see it.

Next up, 6 month pics!

marsbtchsx

Established Member
Reaction score
it does seem as tho there is improvement but it also seems like the "after" set was taken with ur hair longer

TortoiseAndHair

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I get my haircut once every 2 months. So, baseline was right after a haircut, and the month 3 pictures were a month after a haircut.

My 6 month pictures should be right after a haircut, so it should be an interesting comparison.

If it's worth anything, I feel like my hair didn't look as thin at the 2 month mark, but I don't have any pictures, so it's just my gut reaction.

I will also say that my scalp no longer itches, no longer flakes, and my hair generally just feels better. I think I'm finally used to that rogaine sh*t.

marsbtchsx

Established Member
Reaction score
i just felt like i needed to point that out while giving my oppinion but even though the pics were of different hair cuts dont let me saying that take away from the fact that it does look 3 times better

Rawbbie

Established Member
Reaction score
Your hair is definitely improving. But you started too late.

A perfect example of how you can gain great results from Propecia. Unfortunately, the results will never be to their full potential if you wait too long, as in this case.

silkeysmooth

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah sorry i couldnt say more in that last post, i was in a hurry.

Youre crown DEFINITELY has alot of improvement. I wouldnt advice gelling your hair at this point, but when its dry, you can't notice anything back there. Thats some good work.

Youre hairline looks thicker, but that could be because you grew your hair out. Either way, it didnt look to bad in the first place, and with a little hair, it looks like nothing more than a mature hairline.

The top, well that looks a ton thicker, though it could be because of the hair length. Either way, i would only say you were thinning on top if i could study it like i can these pics.

Always good to see someone get good results, one less person to have to worry about this sh*t.

TortoiseAndHair

Established Member
Reaction score
Rawbbie said:

A perfect example of how you can gain great results from Propecia. Unfortunately, the results will never be to their full potential if you wait too long, as in this case.

I think a lot of people are in denial when they first start losing their hair. I probably should have started earlier, but at least I've started now, right?

As far as results, I'm pretty happy with them, even if my hair is not it's "full potential" Anyway, hopefully things will continue looking up in the future.

TortoiseAndHair

Established Member
Reaction score
silkeysmooth said:
Yeah sorry i couldnt say more in that last post, i was in a hurry.

Youre crown DEFINITELY has alot of improvement. I wouldnt advice gelling your hair at this point, but when its dry, you can't notice anything back there. Thats some good work.

Youre hairline looks thicker, but that could be because you grew your hair out. Either way, it didnt look to bad in the first place, and with a little hair, it looks like nothing more than a mature hairline.

The top, well that looks a ton thicker, though it could be because of the hair length. Either way, i would only say you were thinning on top if i could study it like i can these pics.

Always good to see someone get good results, one less person to have to worry about this sh*t.

Yeah, I don't use any gel on my hair, and I wait until the rogaine dries before I head out for the day.

I'm more of a diffuse thinner, so I don't really worry about my hairline. It's just the overall thickness in general.

Anyway, thanks for the encouragement!

absmon

Established Member
Reaction score
Discounting the difference in hair length of baseline and 3 month pictures, the progress is nevertheless has been excellent. The hair seems to be a lot thicker with some regrowth. Its pretty difficult to say what has been responsible for this, minoxidil or propecia. My guess would be minoxidil because it can often make dramatic improvements to one's hair quality after several months. But then again it could be the synergy between the two.

Pirate Commander F.B.

Established Member
Reaction score
Rawbbie said:

Boy you sure know how to spoil someone's party! :lol:

Tortoiseetcetera, looks like some really good improvement. Like you said, it could be the lenght of the hair and the lighting, but to me your hair seems much improved. Keep us updated, sir.

KK

Reaction score
Man by the pace that your hair growing, I think that within a year your hair will look pretty thick and volume full. Just a question, have you ever experinenced any shedd?

Cheers..

TortoiseAndHair

Established Member
Reaction score
KK said:
Man by the pace that your hair growing, I think that within a year your hair will look pretty thick and volume full. Just a question, have you ever experinenced any shedd?

Cheers..
Nope, no shed for me as of yet. Although I keep my hair pretty short, so maybe I just haven't noticed it.

As far as what I'll look like in a year, I don't want to get my hopes up. I just want to maintain, at least, and anything on top of that is just gravy.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Now i dont want to get your hopes up either, but since your only a few months in there will more than likely be even more improvement in your hair density... don't listen to people who want to piss on your parade because your pictures are a great encouragement to newbies.

TortoiseAndHair

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks a lot. Encouragement always helps.

It did kinda suck for Rawbbie to say that it was too late for me, but I was soliciting opinions, and I should accept the negative ones with the good.

Anyway, keep on truckin' everyone...

Owl Jolson

Reaction score
Your results are wonderful. I wish I had experienced that sort of progress at three months.