3 Month Progress Dermaroller Decent Start Very Hopeful

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply.

I just tried Dermmatch for the first time - it's really amazing! :)

I have one more question to you: You said that you have been taking Finasteride for 3 years and still have alot of "invisible" (miniaturized) hair on top of your head. Does this miniaturized hair grow or does it stay at the same length?

It grows, but at a much slower pace than the healthy hair around it. If all of this minutuarized thickened up I'd be at around 90% total coverage.

And yea, dermmatch is amazing when you take the time to find a way to make it work for your style. Not having to worry about rain, wind, or being touched is an awesome thing. Was out yesterday and it drizzled a little... no worries. Was next to an awning and a huge drop came down on me. With fibers I would have had my night instantly ruined.

HTHM

My Regimen
Reaction score
It grows, but at a much slower pace than the healthy hair around it. If all of this minutuarized thickened up I'd be at around 90% total coverage.

And yea, dermmatch is amazing when you take the time to find a way to make it work for your style. Not having to worry about rain, wind, or being touched is an awesome thing. Was out yesterday and it drizzled a little... no worries. Was next to an awning and a huge drop came down on me. With fibers I would have had my night instantly ruined.

That's really nice... :)
So i wish that you can thicken up all your miniaturized hair!

HTHM

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yea, the directions that came with it made it look terrible.

Few drops of cold water on applicator.
Swirl around on disc.
Blot/tap onto bad spots.
Repeat above steps till full coverage achieved.
Comb it in.
Blow dry it on low and warm for a minure while combing it so it doesn't get clumped up.
Finish off with cold blow drying.
Style and forget about it.

100% waterproof this way.

I've been using Dermmatch now for almost 2 weeks and i'm still improving :)
1. Do you apply it on wet, towel dry or dry hair?
2. Do you use a brush or a comb to comb it in? It feelts really sticky after application when i try to comb it in. I'm a bit afraid of ripping out my hair or damaging it. How do you handle this stickyness?

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been using Dermmatch now for almost 2 weeks and i'm still improving :)
1. Do you apply it on wet, towel dry or dry hair?
2. Do you use a brush or a comb to comb it in? It feelts really sticky after application when i try to comb it in. I'm a bit afraid of ripping out my hair or damaging it. How do you handle this stickyness?

I towel dry my hair first, but Idon't think it matters because it gets pretty wet when applying. Before I blowdry it I comb it through a bunch before it is hard. While blowdrying I comb a lot, just very slowly, so that it doesn't pull hair out. I style it while blowdrying. I use to have the problem of it drying and hair would pull out though.

One you get good at it the whole process is less than 10 minutes and lasts for days. Less is better. Too much and it'll look chalky. Honestly for me, it doesn't look good until I blowdry it.

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you bleed when you use dermaroller

Yes. It isn't too bad, mostly little dots, sometimes worse. At least once a month I go overboard with it and bleed pretty bad, but then it give it an extra week to heal.

sam333

My Regimen
Reaction score
I also bleed a little .. I'm afraid it will hurt my scalp and become useless

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Many don't respond to topical because they lack or don't have that special enzyme to activate minoxidill. When taken orally you need less of that enzyme for minoxidil to work and I also heard it's created when it goes through the liver. Oral works much better than topical ever will according to experts. I had shedding phase on oral minoxidil but never on topical, Shedding means it's working. Grew hair all over but quit recently due to my face being destroyed by oral minoxidil after 2.5 months extreme puffyness on face and it damaged my skin barrier entirely. I did use 10 drops of the liquid but that's like 13mg total daily. Gonna start with 1mg daily from now on, dermatologist they prescribe only 1mg to 2.5mg of oral minoxidil for hairloss, exceeding this dose is extremely dangerous for your health you nuts think its a supplement but it has many negative effects on your heart and such. Even a low dose of 1mg has shown to be effective. Don't go overboard with it.

Last edited:

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Online pharmacy. I get it in bulk, about 6 months worth at a time. Started at 5mg, upped it to 10mg
Stop wasting your money. Just use the 5% topical minoxidill liquid it's totally safe to ingest. Put some drops of it in a gelatin capsule and swallow 1 drop is slightly more than 1mg, same sh*t as loniten. Many use it over buying pills u know. A guy has been on loniten for 25 years and he switched to liquid instead. He says he gets same results.