3 Month Progress Dermaroller Decent Start Very Hopeful

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I used ZGTS because it has high reviews. I've since switched to a dr pen a6. Only used it once so far. Hurt just as much but had more coverage of wounds in less time.

Have you not noticed the ultima a6 pulling out lots of hair when using? that's why i stopped it and switched to a roller, roller doesn't wound as well but seeing clumps of my hair come out after using the pen freaked me out, don't have that problem with a roller.

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you not noticed the ultima a6 pulling out lots of hair when using? that's why i stopped it and switched to a roller, roller doesn't wound as well but seeing clumps of my hair come out after using the pen freaked me out, don't have that problem with a roller.

I saw people commenting about that and worried about it but haven't experienced it myself. I don't drag the pen at all though, I lift it up, do a dime sized section, lift up again, move it a little and repeat. This method takes me a decent amount of time but I believe I'm getting a more thorough wounding and greater scalp coverage overall.

I do go over some spots with my roller if I don't think it got an area well enough. I go for a moderate amount of blood but seem to heal enough to reapply dermmatch after about 36 hours. I wear dermmatch pretty much all the time except for 24 to 36 hours after microneedling, then it is a hat day.

I have about another week til my 4th month and then I'll be posting more pictures. I'll be doing monthly updates for at least a year.

Edited to fix typos from phone auto fill.

Last edited:

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Awesome results! You make me want to try dermarolling again. Definitely keep us updated. I hope you continue to improve. Also you might want to post your results on the microneedling thread in the research and development part of the forum. A lot of guys will be exited to see the results.

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks to be a little bit better but holy sh*t what concealer do you use that's amazing.

Lol, dermmatch. It is a steep learning curve to make it look good but it is the best for diffused thinning. It doesn't show well in pictures but I have very thin very light colored hair all over my scalp. Simply adding pigment to my existing thin hair gives me 100% coverage.

Been tempted to try henna hair dye to see if I get same effect.

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow I used to use dermatch just a year ago but I never got results like that damn I'm impressed. I guess I never really learned how to use it. I used to put it on dry maybe that was my mistake.

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow I used to use dermatch just a year ago but I never got results like that damn I'm impressed. I guess I never really learned how to use it. I used to put it on dry maybe that was my mistake.
Yea, the directions that came with it made it look terrible.

Few drops of cold water on applicator.
Swirl around on disc.
Blot/tap onto bad spots.
Repeat above steps till full coverage achieved.
Comb it in.
Blow dry it on low and warm for a minure while combing it so it doesn't get clumped up.
Finish off with cold blow drying.
Style and forget about it.

100% waterproof this way.

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Swirl around on disc.
Blot/tap onto bad spots.
Comb it in.
Blow dry it on low and warm for a minure while combing it so it doesn't get clumped up.

Man your an artist with that stuff. I wish you told me that years ago.

Mr. Grey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you think, if we will use roller without minoxidil, can we see some results? I think if combine it with hrt regimen it can be bomb?)

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
how long have you been on loniten? any sides?
2 years. Decrease in blood pressure and increase heart rate. Sometimes my left eye gets slightly puffy, but not 100% sure if it is from loniten. No other serrious sides. I think the hair on my hands thickened and darkened a bit, but it is so mild no one notices.

My facial hair benefited. My goatee area was always really thick but cheeks were meh, now it is good enough to actually grow out all over.

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you think, if we will use roller without minoxidil, can we see some results? I think if combine it with hrt regimen it can be bomb?)
I think alone it would be effective still. I was on oral for 2 years and definitely peaked with what it was going to do. I've always been tempted to drop oral minoxidil, but afraid of having any loss. With PRP every 6 months it'd probably be really good, but in the States that is really expensive for some reason.

I've wanted to try topical minoxidil again with microneedling, like 1.5mm once a week and .5mm daily with minoxidil, but I wear my concealer 24/7, which makes using topicals pretty much impossible. Every 3 days I thoroughly shampoo and condition my hair then reapply dermmatch, but I have a feeling topical once every 3 days will likely just give me a shed.

Pephair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think alone it would be effective still. I was on oral for 2 years and definitely peaked with what it was going to do. I've always been tempted to drop oral minoxidil, but afraid of having any loss. With PRP every 6 months it'd probably be really good, but in the States that is really expensive for some reason.

I've wanted to try topical minoxidil again with microneedling, like 1.5mm once a week and .5mm daily with minoxidil, but I wear my concealer 24/7, which makes using topicals pretty much impossible. Every 3 days I thoroughly shampoo and condition my hair then reapply dermmatch, but I have a feeling topical once every 3 days will likely just give me a shed.
Can you post without the concealer?

keepit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Swirl around on disc.
Blot/tap onto bad spots.
Comb it in.

Does dermatch attache to scalp aswell

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does dermatch attache to scalp aswell
Yes, depending on how you apply it. The way I apply it, it does, but I cover it with hair so there's no way to see the painted scalp look. I do a side part and the only part I need to watch is the part itself and near my swirl. I use q tips and my liquid facewash stuff to clean those areas so that it is skin and looks natural.

Last edited:

HTHM

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing your amazing results, Lurker85!

I would like to ask you two questions:
1. Do you feel like you got regrow of some new hair with dermarolling or did it thicken up your existing hair?
2. Do people notice your Dermmatch, especially in daylight / sun? Can you also apply it near the hairline? I also ordered Dermmatch and really wonder if it's possible to use without being noticed by other people. I've been using Toppik for 2-3 weeks now and it works really fine but it is hard to apply near the hairline decently...

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing your amazing results, Lurker85!

I would like to ask you two questions:
1. Do you feel like you got regrow of some new hair with dermarolling or did it thicken up your existing hair?
2. Do people notice your Dermmatch, especially in daylight / sun? Can you also apply it near the hairline? I also ordered Dermmatch and really wonder if it's possible to use without being noticed by other people. I've been using Toppik for 2-3 weeks now and it works really fine but it is hard to apply near the hairline decently...

Definitely regrowing my crown where I had a pretty bad spot. Crown spot is almost half of what it was in regards to how big the thin spot was.

For me it is hard to say if
it is regrowing completely bare spots, because I have vellus hairs on 95% of my thin spots, I'm always tempted to try dying my hair to see how much more coverage I'd have if I gave color to all my really blond thin hair.

No one has ever noticed my dermmatch. I have an a**h** for a step father and he'd call me out for sure if he noticed. I have a decent hairline even though my crown is terrible and the top is severely diffused. I apply it about half an inch from my hairline so that you can't see tge painted scalp effect. When I first started using it I applied it on my hairline and went on a date.., the girl asked if I dyed my hair, and when I asked why, she stated because I had dye on my scalp. Since then I've applied it a bit further back and haven't had anyone question it since.

I used caboki (fiber similar to toppik) for 2 years before swapping to dermmatch. Worked and looked great, but I hated fearing rain, hard wind, it being bumped, touched, etc. With dermmatch I can comb my hair, with fibers I had to reapply if I combed my hair because it ruined it. I've been caught in a downpour for only 10 with fibers, would have been very embarassing since it all washed down my face, but I revealed my hair issues to my gf the week before that happened, luckily. Been stuck in a 2 hour downpour at a concert with dermmatch and my gf said it was undetectable, looked good in the mirror 5 hours later when I was finally able to check it, so it has earned my trust.

Applying dermmatch is definitely a steeper learning curve. Fibers took maybe a week to be adequate with. Dermmatch took a lot of trial and error, didn't seem waterproof how I originally applied it... now I'd happily swim with it and have been on rollercoasters, something impossible with fibers.

HTHM

My Regimen
Reaction score
Definitely regrowing my crown where I had a pretty bad spot. Crown spot is almost half of what it was in regards to how big the thin spot was.

For me it is hard to say if
it is regrowing completely bare spots, because I have vellus hairs on 95% of my thin spots, I'm always tempted to try dying my hair to see how much more coverage I'd have if I gave color to all my really blond thin hair.

No one has ever noticed my dermmatch. I have an a**h** for a step father and he'd call me out for sure if he noticed. I have a decent hairline even though my crown is terrible and the top is severely diffused. I apply it about half an inch from my hairline so that you can't see tge painted scalp effect. When I first started using it I applied it on my hairline and went on a date.., the girl asked if I dyed my hair, and when I asked why, she stated because I had dye on my scalp. Since then I've applied it a bit further back and haven't had anyone question it since.

I used caboki (fiber similar to toppik) for 2 years before swapping to dermmatch. Worked and looked great, but I hated fearing rain, hard wind, it being bumped, touched, etc. With dermmatch I can comb my hair, with fibers I had to reapply if I combed my hair because it ruined it. I've been caught in a downpour for only 10 with fibers, would have been very embarassing since it all washed down my face, but I revealed my hair issues to my gf the week before that happened, luckily. Been stuck in a 2 hour downpour at a concert with dermmatch and my gf said it was undetectable, looked good in the mirror 5 hours later when I was finally able to check it, so it has earned my trust.

Applying dermmatch is definitely a steeper learning curve. Fibers took maybe a week to be adequate with. Dermmatch took a lot of trial and error, didn't seem waterproof how I originally applied it... now I'd happily swim with it and have been on rollercoasters, something impossible with fibers.

Thank you for your reply.

I just tried Dermmatch for the first time - it's really amazing! :)

I have one more question to you: You said that you have been taking Finasteride for 3 years and still have alot of "invisible" (miniaturized) hair on top of your head. Does this miniaturized hair grow or does it stay at the same length?