3 Month Progress Dermaroller Decent Start Very Hopeful

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Been on finasteride for 3 years, oral minoxidil 2 years

The first couple of pictures are the baseline after the finasteride and minoxidil use. Prior to the finasteride I had pretty much no hairline. finasteride built it up, minoxidil thickened it up. I don't have pre finasteride / minoxidil pictures because I just had my head shaved and dodged taking pictures. After finasteride / minoxidil I had just enough hair to use concealers.

I am now on 3 months of dermarolling and some extra supplements. Here are results:

https://imgur.com/a/lYFElEn

Regimen:

Stuff I've been doing for a while:
1.25mg proscar daily
10mg oral minoxidil daily
D3 daily

New stuff for last 3 months:
750mg Apple cider vinegar daily
Ubiquinol 100mg daily
Vitamin A day before and of dermarolling
7.5mg Iron weekly
Vitamin C weekly with the iron
Homemade sandalore cream day of and after microneedling
15mg zinc daily

Weekly dermarolling with 1.5mm with a little blood.

Update: Month 4 results
https://imgur.com/a/8xdzTyN

Last edited:

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
3 years or 3 months? which is it?

great results btw

Years on finasteride and minoxidil. My results peaked and then I started dermarolling. These results are 100% attributed to dermarolling.

My results from 3 months of dermarolling beat out my 3 years of finasteride and 2 years of minoxidil.

Last edited:

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
holy f***, amazing results, congratulations. btw what's your hair like when wet?

Last edited:

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

INT

Reaction score
Damn that is impressive. Any idea how much of this can be attributed to sandalore? What else is in the sandalore cream you make if I may ask?

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn that is impressive. Any idea how much of this can be attributed to sandalore? What else is in the sandalore cream you make if I may ask?

It is just the 16oz vanicream lite and 1 tablespoon of sandalore.

Not sure how much of it is the sandalore. I did 2 weeks of daily sandalore before starting dermarolling. I cut back my sandalore use because I smelt like a lumberjack and started a new job so had to be in public more.

The microneedling was showing very little if any progress the first month, the 2nd month it seemed like I grew a little, but it was all light brown / basically translucent. Added 100mg Ubiquinol at the 2.5 month mark of dermarolling and then 2 weeks later [Thursday] I washed my concealer out in the shower, after having it in for 4 days, looked in the mirror and thought "weird, it didn't all wash out." I rewashed my hair and it didn't make a difference, which made me very excited. Took a bunch of pictures and sent them to my girl and then finally got to post a thread in the success section here after lurking since about 2013.

Last edited:

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
holy f***, amazing results, congratulations. btw what's your hair like when wet?

All of those pictures my hair is pretty damp. Next time I wash my hair I'll get some totally wet pictures and some totally dry pictures.

Last edited:

DAVAT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is just the 16oz vanicream lite and 1 tablespoon of sandalore.

Not sure how much of it is the sandalore. I did 2 weeks of daily sandalore before starting dermarolling. I cut back my sandalore use because I smelt like a lumberjack and started a new job so had to be in public more.

The microneedling was showing very little if any progress the first month, the 2nd month it seemed like I grew a little, but it was all light brown / basically translucent. Added 100mg Ubiquinol at the 2.5 month mark of dermarolling and then 2 weeks later [Thursday] I washed my concealer out in the shower, after having it in for 4 days, looked in the mirror and thought "weird, it didn't all wash out." I rewashed my hair and it didn't make a difference, which made me very excited. Took a bunch of pictures and sent them to my girl and then finally got to post a thread in the success section here after lurking since about 2013.

Hi, what is ubiquinol exactly and what are the benefits?

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, what is ubiquinol exactly and what are the benefits?
Our bodies naturally have it, but as we age we have less and less. Some of the benefits of it are anti-ageing of hair follicles. In some cases it could reverse grey hair, or in our case thicken up and add pigmentation to dying follicles or thin hair.

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Two last pictures with concealer...

Yea, I put that I use concealer (dermmatch) with the pictures where I used it. I have a perfect head of hair with styling + concealer lol.

Doesn't show up great in pictures, but I have vellus hairs all over... basically full coverage. If they all thickened I'd be cured.

DAVAT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Our bodies naturally have it, but as we age we have less and less. Some of the benefits of it are anti-ageing of hair follicles. In some cases it could reverse grey hair, or in our case thicken up and add pigmentation to dying follicles or thin hair.

Thanks, and you're saying your results were boosted after you started on this?

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks, and you're saying your results were boosted after you started on this?

Yes. I seemed to have some results after adding dermarolling to my routine, but the hair I was gaining was thin and light in color, so cosmetically insignificant. After adding Ubiquinol it seems like the new hair thickened up and is noticeably darker.

There is a chance it is 100% from dermarolling and just a coincidence... but the older version of Ubiquinol, Ubiquinone (CoQ-10) is known to have hair benefits with healing the follicles. I believe threre is a good chance the Ubiquinol boosted my results.

I don't think it'll work for normal balding, because I don't think it'll add hair where there isn't any, but do believe for diffused thinners it may help when used along with microneedling.

JWM2

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes. I seemed to have some results after adding dermarolling to my routine, but the hair I was gaining was thin and light in color, so cosmetically insignificant. After adding Ubiquinol it seems like the new hair thickened up and is noticeably darker.

There is a chance it is 100% from dermarolling and just a coincidence... but the older version of Ubiquinol, Ubiquinone (CoQ-10) is known to have hair benefits with healing the follicles. I believe threre is a good chance the Ubiquinol boosted my results.

I don't think it'll work for normal balding, because I don't think it'll add hair where there isn't any, but do believe for diffused thinners it may help when used along with microneedling.

What brand of Ubiquinol are you using?

Explorer79

My Regimen
Reaction score
do you use a specific brand of Derma Roller? there are so many brands and I am thinking about trying it and have no idea if there is a difference between brands.

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
do you use a specific brand of Derma Roller? there are so many brands and I am thinking about trying it and have no idea if there is a difference between brands.

I used ZGTS because it has high reviews. I've since switched to a dr pen a6. Only used it once so far. Hurt just as much but had more coverage of wounds in less time.

transam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I used ZGTS because it has high reviews. I've since switched to a dr pen a6. Only used it once so far. Hurt just as much but had more coverage of wounds in less time.
Do you put minoxidil on right after Derma rolling? or wait 24 hours?
EDIT: Nevermind. You take minoxidil Orally