3 month difference w/pics

jeffsss

Reaction score
may 1st:
outside002.jpg

august 4th:
august.jpg

G

hair is styled a little differently in the second pic. looks like the propecia is working to maintain.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
It's a bit thin up top.

Are you going to try anything else besides Propecia?

Reaction score
well...first off, propecia often takes more than 3 months to show significant difference or to prevent fallout. Second, propecia has been shown to work better when maintaining hair as opposed to rapid regrowth (that is minoxidil's claim to fame). I dont think that those pics show very much and they certainly dont prove that propecia hasn't worked for you. Some people dont see any difference from propecia until the 1 year mark. It is certainly a trial on the patience but hair loss is mainly a slow process so hair regrowth will be equally slow.

Reaction score
wait....now im confused. Your post says 3 month difference, but your regimen says that you have been on propecia for over a year? what is this post getting at?

WS6-TA

Established Member
Reaction score
It looks like the lighting is creating an impressionin of thinning in the second pic. The flash is concentrating on a particular spot in the 2nd pic and shadowing makes other spots appear thicker than they actually are. Id say the hair is about the same.

jeffsss

Reaction score
leonbelmontsam said:
wait....now im confused. Your post says 3 month difference, but your regimen says that you have been on propecia for over a year? what is this post getting at?

showing how bad it's gotten in just 3 months time.

yes i've been on propecia for almost a year.

jeffsss

Reaction score
Aplunk1 said:
It's a bit thin up top.

Are you going to try anything else besides Propecia?

I'd like to, i just dont know what to use.

I should give rogaine a go huh?

hairhaircomeagain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Can someone change and put in the correct forum...
Its only 3 months...you are expecting a lot...

I dont blame you....I want the same...my teenage hair in three months :)

Felk

Reaction score
You're trying to make it a worse case scenario, i think.

The pics are not comparable at all really. The first one is taken outside, far back, in normal lighting. The second is indoors, up close, and relying on flash for lighting. Take a pic similar to the first one, and then make comparisons.

G

There is absolutly no thinning, hence you can not expect any results from finasteride (apart from maintenance of course). Though I do see a high hair line which should be treated by minoxidil in case it was caused by male pattern baldness.

Btw I think this was posted in another part of HairLossTalk.com first but obviously a Moderator moved your pics to "Success Stories"......Why do you think they did this Jeffsss??? :roll:

jambri

Established Member
Reaction score
I definitely see some thinning here, it's about 90 or 95% normal, it's very subtle. Everyone does look thin under direct sunlight and with parted hair, women too.

What is your diet, sleep like? Are you vegetarian, do you get enough iron...? How is your thyroid? etc... it may be tricky to pin down.

You may find it stays the same for years and years... just annoyingly slightly too thin on top.

minoxidil should work better with this, as it does with typical female pattern loss. That seems to be what you have. It's actually very common.

Not all hair loss is male pattern baldness or DHT related.

jeffsss

Reaction score
jambri said:
I definitely see some thinning here, it's about 90 or 95% normal, it's very subtle. Everyone does look thin under direct sunlight and with parted hair, women too.

What is your diet, sleep like? Are you vegetarian, do you get enough iron...? How is your thyroid? etc... it may be tricky to pin down.

You may find it stays the same for years and years... just annoyingly slightly too thin on top.

minoxidil should work better with this, as it does with typical female pattern loss. That seems to be what you have. It's actually very common.

Not all hair loss is male pattern baldness or DHT related.

I think it is male pattern baldness, but your right. i dont think it's DHT related.

I've had all my "systems" checed and i'm very healthy.

I'm going to start minoxidil.. i wish i didnt have to but i have no choice.