3 Best supplements

abcdefg

Reaction score
If you could take 3 supplements that are the best for the price what would you take? Flax seed, tumeric (curcumin), or saw palmetto something like that? Theres tons of supplements out there but what are the most vital? I know immortal has his but he may not be right.
What do you guys think?

abcdefg

Reaction score
Since most people think im an idiot or just dont care to list the top 3 most important supplements besides immortals topp 6 ill ask this.
Seeing how important tgf beta is becoming and how curcumin is supposedly the most potent natural inhibitor is buying this:
http://www.bulkfoods.com/search_results ... amTxt=4480
A stupid idea? Anyone that knows anything have any clue what amount of tumeric it would take internally to do anything for hairloss? Is this supplement stuff just a waste of time? maybe i should just take propecia and save myself the time and effort.

jj_24

Established Member
Reaction score
Fish oil helps scalp heath. I think it helps and its real good for you anyways cant hurt right?

bcapop

Established Member
Reaction score
Don't take curcumin with Finasteride btw. Curcumin is a strong inhibiter of Cytochrome P450 and Finasteride is broken down by the liver with the help of P450.

mulder

Established Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't that just mean finasteride would stay in your system longer? So if you want more a bang for you buck combining curcuming with finasteride might be a good idea?

Pete

Established Member
Reaction score
abcdefg said:
If you could take 3 supplements that are the best for the price what would you take? Flax seed, tumeric (curcumin), or saw palmetto something like that? Theres tons of supplements out there but what are the most vital? I know immortal has his but he may not be right.
What do you guys think?

My top 3 in relation to taking supplements internally for hairloss:

1)something that inhibits DHT
2)something that slows the scalp oiliness
3)something that helps with blood sugar levels

Regards
Pete :)

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
mulder said:
Wouldn't that just mean finasteride would stay in your system longer? So if you want more a bang for you buck combining curcuming with finasteride might be a good idea?

There are two relevant questions to answer, in that regard:

1) Cytochrome P450 is a whole family of enzymes, and finasteride is metabolized by the specific one called CYP3A4. Does curcumin contain that one?

2) Does the cost of the curcumin itself exceed what you would save in the cost of the finasteride, even if it _does_ contain CYP3A4?