3.5 Months In 3600 Fue With Dr. Ilker Apaydin

Parity07

My Regimen
Reaction score
Could you elaborate on 'the sheds in a couple of years time'? I have been on Minoxidil/Finasteride combo for just over 3 years now, and had a transplant 3.5 months ago, with continual usage plus microneedling. Do you mean your grafts are expected to shed after a couple of years if you use Minoxidil? ...or does this apply to those who begin using Minoxidil ?

The newly transplanted hair won't be going anywhere, I think he means any 'new' hair that's grown due to the effects of minoxidil can miniaturise and die off once the effects have worn off.

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The newly transplanted hair won't be going anywhere, I think he means any 'new' hair that's grown due to the effects of minoxidil can miniaturise and die off once the effects have worn off.
Thanks for the clarification.
Your results at 5 months is looking amazing! I had a similar amount and area covered, although mine was more diffusely thinned and more fine in quality, so probably unlikely to match yours. At 3.5 months, seeing your 4-5 months pics gives me some hope :D
Your hair looks rather tidy. Did you have it trimmed to same length at some point or this is just how it grew out?

Parity07

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks man. The top has grown out completely by itself, the sides I've had shaved down to a number 1 a few weeks ago.

It has gone so much better than I could ever have hoped. When I started on the Minoxidil and Biotin I was a little worried that it would go the other way and I may have regretted it, but so far it's been great and it's thickening up all the time.

Just looking forward to the hairline thickening up a bit now, it's the only area I have any minor gripe with (but I'd still take it as it is now as a final result!) so hopefully that will happen, bonus if it does.

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice! Whatever you have been doing, it's obviously all contributed to it in some way. As for me, other than what I had been doing for years (topical Minoxidil 2x/day, FInasteride, weekly microneedling), I also added biotin, MSM, increased omega3 and anti-oxidant rich foods into my diet, yet still progressing much slower.
Good luck and keep us updated!

Parity07

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah my diet is pretty horrendous if I'm being honest, certainly not following the rules there :rolleyes:

I'll drop another update in by the end of month 6, I'm trying to grow it a bit which I've always wanted to do so wish me luck :D.

All the best to you and hope it goes well!

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah my diet is pretty horrendous if I'm being honest, certainly not following the rules there :rolleyes:

I'll drop another update in by the end of month 6, I'm trying to grow it a bit which I've always wanted to do so wish me luck :D.

All the best to you and hope it goes well!

junks food too good lol.. how old are you ?

MickChong

Established Member
Reaction score
Mate, you got a fantastic result! So impressed.

Would you say you got the frontal third done? Or was it like half the head?

Would you have enough grafts left to cover the rest of your head were it to go in the same direction as your hairline?

Parity07

My Regimen
Reaction score

Would you have enough grafts left to cover the rest of your head were it to go in the same direction as your hairline?

Hi mate.

Thank you. I'm still hopeful for the front, after all it's only been 5 months and as I mentioned earlier I can feel loads of little spikey stubs pushing through along the hairline.

I think the reason it's slower on the hairline is because the multiple grafts are always used away from the front, so the two's and three's are really thickening up the middle part and towards the back whilst the singles were placed strategically along the hairline to maintain a more natural look.

There are plenty more grafts left, the crown is the thinnest area as he wouldn't go over 4000 FUE grafts in one session as he puts safety first before money which is reassuring.

Parity07

My Regimen
Reaction score

I think I misunderstood the question didn't I :D! But anyway, yes I wouldn't be averse to getting the crown done somewhere down the line if it continues to thin. But hopefully the finasteride will help that.

MickChong

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi mate.

Thank you. I'm still hopeful for the front, after all it's only been 5 months and as I mentioned earlier I can feel loads of little spikey stubs pushing through along the hairline.

I think the reason it's slower on the hairline is because the multiple grafts are always used away from the front, so the two's and three's are really thickening up the middle part and towards the back whilst the singles were placed strategically along the hairline to maintain a more natural look.

There are plenty more grafts left, the crown is the thinnest area as he wouldn't go over 4000 FUE grafts in one session as he puts safety first before money which is reassuring.

Got you, that makes sense. They say it takes a full year to get the full benefits, so your result is already looking amazing, the rest is just going to be the icing on the cake.

The hairline is always the one we see first thing in the morning and last thing at night so now that's fixed, the main stress is hopefully a memory!

Parity07

My Regimen
Reaction score
Got you, that makes sense. They say it takes a full year to get the full benefits, so your result is already looking amazing, the rest is just going to be the icing on the cake.

The hairline is always the one we see first thing in the morning and last thing at night so now that's fixed, the main stress is hopefully a memory!

It's incredible how quickly you forget what it was like before! So wrapped up in the new look, it's such an amazing feeling to be able to go out and not feel so self conscious.

I used to use Toppik and Dermatch to try and make something of it and I just knew everyone I was talking to was looking straight at it. It made me want to end a conversation early and made me look so anti social, to be able to now be myself is the best feeling ever.

Parity07

My Regimen
Reaction score
congrats !! how young did you first started losing your hair ?

It's always been very fine, I think I was doomed from the outset to be honest! Literally a genetical match of my dad, so yeah the writing was on the wall.

Mid 20's was the the realisation - shaving my head and appearing on TV and seeing the shape of the balding area was a bit of a shock :D - but I always maintained a hairline, up until about the age of 36 when it just disappeared literally overnight.

So to have that back again is a lovely feeling. God bless the FUE!

Parity07

My Regimen
Reaction score
What research convinced you to go with Dr Ilker?

It just felt right. He's a leading Plastic Surgeon aswell as performing the FUE, so the thoughts of the healing process being a little better because of that played a huge part, and so far it's turned out to be true, there's very little signs of any work been done even when shaved down to a number 1.

He also has multiple question and answer videos on YouTube showing his depth of knowledge, his before and after photos are good, and he comes across as a pleasant and extremely knowledgeable man in all those videos.

Dr Tayfun was the one that most people went with when going through the Get Hair company as I conducted my research, but Dr Ilker really did stand out for me. He's a lovely man and really seemed to care when he first met me and told me how everything was going to work out. I really couldn't commend him any higher and as far as I'm concerned the proof is in the pudding.

But there are many good doctors out there so I would advise every single person to due their homework and research before making the decision.

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It just felt right. He's a leading Plastic Surgeon aswell as performing the FUE, so the thoughts of the healing process being a little better because of that played a huge part, and so far it's turned out to be true, there's very little signs of any work been done even when shaved down to a number 1.

Interesting thoughts for the choice!...and obviously a good one going by the results so far. I had always understood that it is best to go with someone who does only hair transplant as opposed to a surgeon who performs numerous types of procedures on a regular basis. I guess this goes to show a wider range of thoughts are always needed to pick the one that you feel right with.
I definitely agree with the importance of the natural appearance. My progress so far is nowhere near yours at around the same time, but I can see the work was done well and even if the density turns out poor, it won't make me look like a thinning plastic doll :D

S14a

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I went for a 3600 FUE with Dr Ilker in Istanbul on October 31 following extensive research to help patch up my NW5.

What research convinced you to go with Dr Ilker?

It just felt right.

I did a bit of research following your post but the reviews seem to be posted by one off (potentially fake) posters and I couldn't find any in depth genuine discussions. If you have any from your research please share. Photos look a good job.

Parity07

My Regimen
Reaction score
5.5 months have passed now and it still seems to be thickening up nicely. Getting quite long, able to style it pretty much how I like. Going to continue to grow it out to see what kind of length I can get without looking daft.

You can tell its not the same hair that naturally grows on the top, it starts to shape a little erratcically when it reaches a certain length, but a bit of wax soon sorts it out.

Will update again on 6 months.

Attachments

• 20190414_170244.jpg
    20190414_170244.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 765

Parity07

My Regimen
Reaction score
OK so it's been 6 months now since my procedure in Instanbul with Dr Ilker and the growth is continuing very well indeed.

Attached is the 6 month frontal photo and as you can see I can now style it pretty much how I like and I'm eager to see how it grows longer.

Can still feel loads of spikey stumps when I run through my fingers through which indicates more new growth, so I'm still super excited to see how it thickens up.

I've been informed by the clinic that there will be much more to come and the new hair will thicken even more over time as the root gains strength, so again that sounds promising.

I've cut down on the minoxidil (hard to keep applying every morning and night, especially now as it's hard to get to the scalp ) but I'm still continuing with the Biotin and Finasteride tablets daily.

Will continue to update nearer the 7 month mark, any questions please don't hesitate to fire them over.

Attachments

• 20190422_142120.jpg
    20190422_142120.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 733