2nd Hair transplant

skyblue777

Reaction score
posted September 01, 2004 07:17 PM
It has now been one year since I had my first procedure with Dr Shapiro for 2,450 graphs. I was about a norwood 3-4. I would like to get more density, trasplant hair to my crown, and maybe more my hairline 1-2mm. I wanted to know what other advise me on a 2nd procedure. What to look out for? What to expect?

I am certain on Shapiro as my doctor but want to learn more about the 2nd procedure.

Thanks for all your support. It's thourgh this form that i made my first decision and it was a great experince.

dont know how to post an image..let me know how so i can thanks.[/img]

skyblue777

Reaction score
how long are you after surgery? I experinced what you are saying up to six months after surgery. With time it should go away.

ShockWave

Reaction score
I honestly don't know how anyone who had strip surgery done, doesn't have numbess or it going away after awhile. I had 3 small cists(sp) taken fromt he back of my head with a scalpel. It was so deep, that they saw my skull. I still have numbess back there and this was over 3 years ago. And yes, they are all very good surgeons. THe second you cut into the back of the head, or anywhere on the baody for the matter, you will damage nerves.

KK

Reaction score
Skyblue with 2450 grafts done, how's the denisty looking? acceptable you think? or are they just need more works on.

Basketballhead

Established Member
Reaction score
shockwave your procedure varies greatly from a strip procedure. An hair transplant incision is just below the epidermis and would never even come close to revealing your skull (obviously nerve damage is a risk of all surgery).

skyblue777

Reaction score
The desity looks ok, but of corse once I got there I wanted more. I am considering doing a nother transplant which should seal the deal. I did not have any crown work done, so I want to get that done as well. Hope this helps.

Old Baldy

Reaction score
Yes shockwave, your surgery was far more invasive than an hair transplant. I don't have any numbness after 10 weeks.