2ml minoxidil once per day vs 1ml twice

tomsmith

Established Member
Reaction score
Is there any difference in doing this? I can't apply 1ml to my hairline in the morning as it takes 2 hours to dry so I thought about using 2ml at night instead. Would this have a negative effect on results? Thanks.

Stingray

Reaction score
It only takes 15 or so minutes to dry for me. And no, 2ml once a day won't help you at all. You need minoxidil to constantly be on your head for it to be efficient in regrowing hair. This is just a fact of life bro. Learn to deal with it in the morning or just accept the fact that you are going bald. Sacrifices need to be made to reap the rewards.

jblig

Established Member
Reaction score
yep I guess you might have to get up a little earlier or try blow drying your hair....

Redbone

Reaction score
Dr. Lee's stuff dries on my melon in 15 minutes, and can be combed through.

tomsmith

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I was fairly sure that was the answer, but just wanted to be certain. Oh, and it really does take 2 hours for minoxidil to dry on my hairline when I use the squeeze bulb (dropper is impossible to use in this way).

hopewas

Reaction score
it is not wise to use it once a day until after the 1st year..after the first year you'll get the most results you can out of it and you can use it once a day to maintain..so i've read..it doesn't matter how much more you apply at one time.. if you do you're just wasting minoxidil

ShedMaster

Reaction score
hopewas said:
it is not wise to use it once a day until after the 1st year..after the first year you'll get the most results you can out of it and you can use it once a day to maintain..so i've read..it doesn't matter how much more you apply at one time.. if you do you're just wasting minoxidil

and increasing your chance for overabsorbtion and experiencing side effects.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
ShedMaster said:

Oh, I think the chance of that is just about nil. There was a study in which topical minoxidil was applied multiple times per day (in one set of subjects, 8 TIMES A DAY), and it was determined that systemic absorption was barely any higher than when using the traditional 2 times/day schedule. It was concluded that the limiting factor is what the skin is able to absorb, and it's pretty well saturated at only the standard twice-a-day dose.

I feel that 2 mL once a day is probably better than 1 mL once a day, but not as good as 1 mL twice a day.

Bryan

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
Bryan said:
There was a study in which topical minoxidil was applied multiple times per day (in one set of subjects, 8 TIMES A DAY)

When I started with minoxidil using it twice a day made me want to scratch the skin off my head, I can't imagine what 8 a day would be like.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
Bryan said:
ShedMaster said:

Oh, I think the chance of that is just about nil. There was a study in which topical minoxidil was applied multiple times per day (in one set of subjects, 8 TIMES A DAY), and it was determined that systemic absorption was barely any higher than when using the traditional 2 times/day schedule. It was concluded that the limiting factor is what the skin is able to absorb, and it's pretty well saturated at only the standard twice-a-day dose.

I feel that 2 mL once a day is probably better than 1 mL once a day, but not as good as 1 mL twice a day.

Bryan

The only reason I said that is when I was saturating my head with minoxidil when I started I expereinced light headedness, and a little dizzy. I also had some water retention in the face. Perhaps I was just adjusting to the 1st time use of the minoxidil over the 1st week or 2?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
ShedMaster said:
The only reason I said that is when I was saturating my head with minoxidil when I started I expereinced light headedness, and a little dizzy. I also had some water retention in the face. Perhaps I was just adjusting to the 1st time use of the minoxidil over the 1st week or 2?

I guess that's possible, but keep in mind something else that's rather subtle, but very important: in that study I was talking about before where they applied topical minoxidil several times a day to test subjects, they were careful to apply the minoxidil to a CAREFULLY PRE-DETERMINED area of skin each time, and they found that the skin became saturated rather quickly. However, when you guys start piling on the minoxidil yourselves, I suspect you start to ENLARGE the area of your scalp to which you apply it! If that's the case, then you'll certainly increase the systemic absorption of the drug.

Bryan

G

Bryan said:
ShedMaster said:

I guess that's possible, but keep in mind something else that's rather subtle, but very important: in that study I was talking about before where they applied topical minoxidil several times a day to test subjects, they were careful to apply the minoxidil to a CAREFULLY PRE-DETERMINED area of skin each time, and they found that the skin became saturated rather quickly. However, when you guys start piling on the minoxidil yourselves, I suspect you start to ENLARGE the area of your scalp to which you apply it! If that's the case, then you'll certainly increase the systemic absorption of the drug.

Bryan

Absolutely my experience!