2ml / day

Wonko

Reaction score
2ml per day just doesn't seem like it's enough. 2ml per day in a small spot seems like enough. Anybody else out there agree?

beaner

Reaction score
If you're talking about minoxidil, 2ml a day is plenty....1 ml covers my whole scalp. You don't need to saturate your head in it. There is pleny of diffusion of the stuff under the scalp.

Private Ryan

Established Member
Reaction score
1ml can cover almost the whole scalp for me too... 2ml for you can only cover a small spot? wow!!! talking about the size of your head...

CCS

Reaction score
to cover my head with 1ml, i have to do one drop at a time, placed strategically, and count on diffusion under the skin.

it takes me 4ml to get a good film over my how head. it soaks in too fast, or gets on my hair. maybe if i buzz my hair to 1/8 i could use 1ml. but my head looks better with hair, so everyone has told me.

does everyone agree that minoxidil 15% works better than minoxidil 5%?

beaner

Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
to cover my head with 1ml, i have to do one drop at a time, placed strategically, and count on diffusion under the skin.

it takes me 4ml to get a good film over my how head. it soaks in too fast, or gets on my hair. maybe if i buzz my hair to 1/8 i could use 1ml. but my head looks better with hair, so everyone has told me.

does everyone agree that minoxidil 15% works better than minoxidil 5%?

I think it's debateable among the users of the 15% as to whether it's really any better than the 5%. Some say it's done nothing for them and some say it's helped. Considering the "law of diiminishing returns" as its referred to (5% only performs 30% better than 2% even with 2.5 times the minoxidil) it's probable that the 15% is only marginally better if at all...but still it may be the extra push that some follicles need. I've been using 5% for 4 years and continued to slowly but surely see benefit the whole time. I recently added a 12.5% lotion for the stubborn spot on my crown and see new growth there, but I started finasteride a little over 3 months ago, so I can't necessarily say it was the higher strenght minoxidil. I think I'll probably just stick with the 5% as long as I continue to see benefit, although I may switch to Dr Lee's new 12.5% liquid solution if he ever releases it...."just to see"