2mg propecia

DEH23

Reaction score
So I went to a dermatologist today and I guess I was expecting more from the visit. Basically it was me saying I was interested in Propecia and him prescribing it to me. He said for me to take 2mg Propecia and that a lot of his patients do this with success. Just curious if you have heard anything like this or anyone takes 2mg. I have the prescription just haven't went and got it yet. Any input?

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
Don't bother with 2mg of finasteride...Use it the way it's supposed to be used first for at least a year.
If it's not working by then, you can consider upping the dose. Get a second opinion and I'm sure they'll tell you to start with 1mg.

BHD

not me!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
No no no. I am not a doctor so take this with a grain of salt, but my hair transplant physician has done many studies on the effects of finasteride. He told me that just starting out on the drug most guys can get away with .5 mg a day. Don't start out with 2 mg. finasteride isn't to be taken lightly. Ease in to the pool, so to speak.

Reaction score
Frankly, this is the first time I have heard of a doctor advising a patient to take 2mg propecia instead of 1 mg. Propecia comes in 1mg tablet so you will now have to take 2 tables, cutting a montly supply to just 2 weeks. I think you better get Proscar.