29m - Receding Hairline Or Mature Hairline?

JerzBoy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Receding hairline? or Mature Hairline? I noticed it by accident. I'm I overreacting? or should I keep an eye for it.

JVf8r24.jpg

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There’s no difference between maturing and receeding. In order to mature it must receed.. you do not “proceed” when you are maturing. I would keep an eye on it yes. If it gets worse in a year, consider Finasteride if you want to keep your hair.

JerzBoy

My Regimen
Reaction score
There’s no difference between maturing and receeding. In order to mature it must receed.. you do not “proceed” when you are maturing. I would keep an eye on it yes. If it gets worse in a year, consider Finasteride if you want to keep your hair.

But overall, I shouldn't be too worried? In all honestly I think my hairline has always been like that. I have curly, thick hair all around my head. I have hair going over my eyes.

So, you recommend waiting a whole year? or should i start finasteride ASAP? It doesn't bother me but I'm guessing a few years down the line it will be more noticeable?

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your terminology is a bit ambiguous, hopefully this clears it up.

Worried as you’re going to lose all your hair in 3 years... highly doubt it. However, similar to almost everyone’s situation, hair loss is something you should get ahead of if you know it is going to bother your everyday life. Many wait until its too severe to start and they wished they would have saved more by starting early.

My advice would be, look at yourself now. If you are perfectly fine with the state of your hair and could afford losing a little more... you don’t need to start any meds - just monitor. If you’re bothered by your hair AND have done your research and chose to take Finasteride... the sooner the better.

And yes, overall hair density falls as we age, Ive heard estimates of 10% per decade.

Raphael13

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know if it's the light/camera, but it appears as if your hairline is thinning. However, I don't think it looks alarming or bad. But as the gentlemen above said, if it bothers you, try treatments. if it doesnt bother you, then let it be. I think ur hair looks fine even tho there seems to be some thinning.

Sseoud86

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would say your hair looks terrible. It's thin and unhealthy looking. Your definitely difuse thinning. I think if you don't get treatments you'll face major hair fall in your thirties.

Who Farted

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s not that bad yet, but it looks like it could progress substantially in the short term, but what’s more concerning is it looks like it’s diffusing. This means you might keep something close to your hairline but will be thin as sh*t all over.

Right now it’s hard to tell, but I would be much more concerned about your scalp and the health of your hair though. The skin looks irritated, the hair looks greasy and weak. Whatever you’re using right now isn’t doing you any favors.

If you’re worried about it, get it checked out and find out where you stand from a dermatologist. If you’re diffusing you need to take steps as soon as possible.