29 Male Nw5 - Looking For Opinions And Advice On How To Proceed

Zantet

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm a 29 year old male and have been losing hair noticeably for about 5 years now. I believe I am at a NW5 level of hair loss. I am wondering basically what kind of results one could reasonably expect from a hair transplant, how many grafts you would estimate I need and whether or not there's any way to know if I would stay a Norwood 5 or get worse. Just want to know overall what prospects i have whether i get a hair transplant or not.

I have been on Finasteride for about a year now 1.25/day.

Some of these pictures are from Feb 2018, others were taken today you can see the picture name to see which is which. Overall on Finasteride I have noticed that it hasn't gotten much worse but I don't believe i've regrown anything either.

Attachments

• Feb 2018 1.jpg
    Feb 2018 1.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 389
  • Feb 2018 2.jpg
    Feb 2018 2.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 359
  • Feb 2018 3.jpg
    Feb 2018 3.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 333
  • Oct 2018 1.jpg
    Oct 2018 1.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 364
  • Oct 2018 2.jpg
    Oct 2018 2.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 348
  • Oct 2018 3.jpg
    Oct 2018 3.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 365
  • Oct 2018 4.jpg
    Oct 2018 4.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 468

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would also try oral Minoxidil around 2.5mg per day for a starting dose and dermarolling with 1.5mm once per week and apply topical Minoxidil (try something like Lipogaine if you are able to get it). Add in massage daily for like 5-10 minutes (vigorous massage). I would start here.

Zantet

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, I just went to the drugstore and got 2% nizoral, they don't carry lipogaine. Also I cant find any information about oral minoxidil in Canada, not sure if its prescription only however I can get 2% foam at the store or order 5% foam/liquid online pretty easily. Is there any consensus about foam/liquid, I would prefer to have less residue visible in my hair during the day which I assume would be a trait of the liquid version however it seems like the foam is a lot more common.

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, I just went to the drugstore and got 2% nizoral, they don't carry lipogaine. Also I cant find any information about oral minoxidil in Canada, not sure if its prescription only however I can get 2% foam at the store or order 5% foam/liquid online pretty easily. Is there any consensus about foam/liquid, I would prefer to have less residue visible in my hair during the day which I assume would be a trait of the liquid version however it seems like the foam is a lot more common.

Lipogaine is only available online. If I were you I would purchase the 5% Foam if you were choosing something other than Lipogaine. Oral Minoxidil would need to be purchased through an online pharmacy as a doctor will most likely not prescribe this for hair loss. Also remember to purchase a dermaroller (also online).

Zantet

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks again, I've taken your advice and ordered the 5% minoxidil. I've never actually heard of dermaroller's for treating hairloss before but after reading about them it makes sense and ordered one as well. i'll update this post in a few months with new pictures.

Helin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello There,

If you are considering hair-transplant in Istanbul in a world-class hospital (Not a clinic or a fake surgery center) and you want to get the best results with affordable prices please get in touch with us from Instagram or Facebook addresses.

Instagram : @esteworldcanada
Facebook : Esteworld (CA)

Our branch-doctors perform the operation not the technicians or nurses.
The skill and experience of surgeons vary widely, as do their hair transplant results. When done right, a hair-transplant surgery can produce lifelong results.

Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us. We will gladly answer all your questions.

Cordially,

Jamiewilliams77777

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Get a transplant , cosmedica Istanbul
Are quality and very affordable , I donno why there not recommended more

karlitos

My Regimen
Reaction score
have you tried hair fibers?? they really help in concealing bald patches, you might want to start looking into getting a hair replacement system.

badgenetics1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Agree with adding minoxidil and dermarolling. Have seen people achieve impressive results when they do a 1.5mm dermarolling session once every one or two weeks

mooreu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You ought to continue using finasteride and adding minoxidil to the mix. I would recommend a 5% solution or foam in the AM and a 10% solution or cream in the PM. You can order a 10% solution from India for ~ US$20. If you want a cream then you will need to order it from a custom compounding pharmacy.

Dermarolling is also a viable option for you. There are many threads on the board regarding the same. Read up about it and come to your own conclusion.

I wouldn't get a transplant just yet. Decide on a new regimen and stick with it for year. You've already used finasteride for a year and perhaps you will derive greater benefits in the year to come. The addition of minoxidil and keto shampoo will certainly aid in improving the quantity and quality of your hair.