29 and crown thinning badly............

j9y

Reaction score
EDIT (shorter version):

Here's my story...

I started getting thinning hair at the crown only at age about 27.

By 30 i decided to use rogain foam, which i failed to use every day.

By 31 i decided to try again, this time with kirkland minoxidil, which i've used every day once a day for 2 years!. At firs this stuff really itched my head!. But after a few uses it calmed down. However my crown/scalp is still a tiny bit sore which im putting it down to the oil. I also started nizorol and been using that for 2 years also. So nizoral + minoxidil for 2 years solid. I'd say my hair at the crown has got slightly worse using them, but hard to tell really.

When i was 31 i also bought fincar 5mg but bottled it when it came to using it, in the end the date expired so i binned them.

Now im 33 and i've attached pics below. Im now wanting to get on the big 3, so i need finasteride and im searching on the best place to buy it right now.

EDIT:

These are the pics from a few years back in 08.2014
DRY: aug--2014.jpg WET: 2015 wet.JPG

And these are the pics today 03.2017 - 2 years on from using minoxidil and nizoral (hair dry):
DRY:DSC_0917.JPG

As you can see over the space of 3 years you can see the wet picture from 2014 looks the same as the dry picture now in 2017, so its obvious my hairs got worse.

I have been on minoxidil once a day for 2 years and i've been on nizoral once a week.

Last edited:

j9y

Reaction score
Start by using a dandruff shampoo such as the ones I discuss here 2x a week and leaving it on your scalp for five minutes. Easiest most side effect free way to start combating male pattern baldness:

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/showthread.php/63385-%C4%B0s-here-a-direct-linkage-between-sebum-and-Finasteride?p=1099068#post1099068

Sorry, i should of mentioned. I use this...
Nizoral-Anti-Dandruff-Shampoo-1084.jpg

Although it felt like it cured a minor dandruff issue, it actually made my scalp feel very sore. So i stopped using it after 3 months.

j9y

Reaction score
So 4 years on using Nizoral and Minoxidil only. Nizoral once a week and minoxidil every evening.

Crown noticeably worse. Back when i made this thread it could be covered up. Now its not possible and various people have noticed my balding.

The front hairline is fine pretty much. Crown is awful though.

Need to try finasteride i think....

Last edited: