28M, seeking advice.

Cbosnax

My Regimen
Reaction score
I never had a perfect hairline but I think I started receding at around 14 or 15, I've accidently found a picture where I'm lifting my hair up and hairline is exposed and I think I was like Norwood 2-2.5 there. Anyway, I hit NW3 at around 17 or 18 but I never noticed it because I always had a high forehead and long hair, just really never thought much of it, it really hasn't affected my life. Right now I still have the same NW3 but the front part has gotten a lot thinner and I am considering taking finasteride just to keep what I have. Looking at the pics I haven't really noticed any change since like 2017.

I'm a bit afraid of taking finasteride, should I just do it? Is there anything else I should do?

I can upload some pictures if needed but honestly it's just a very typical NW3.

Doingitright

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I never had a perfect hairline but I think I started receding at around 14 or 15, I've accidently found a picture where I'm lifting my hair up and hairline is exposed and I think I was like Norwood 2-2.5 there. Anyway, I hit NW3 at around 17 or 18 but I never noticed it because I always had a high forehead and long hair, just really never thought much of it, it really hasn't affected my life. Right now I still have the same NW3 but the front part has gotten a lot thinner and I am considering taking finasteride just to keep what I have. Looking at the pics I haven't really noticed any change since like 2017.

I'm a bit afraid of taking finasteride, should I just do it? Is there anything else I should do?

I can upload some pictures if needed but honestly it's just a very typical NW3.
finasteride can have sides and does, but remember it is prescribed and used by millions of men every year side effect free. Its certainly worth a shot.

Cbosnax

My Regimen
Reaction score
Considered minoxidil and dermarolling but applying it every day seems like a commitment that I don't know if I want to make.

I guess I will try finasteride and just hop off it if I experience any side effects. I already got some but I am just a bit afraid to start after reading about all the side effects.

Cbosnax

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have 5 mg finasteride tablets now. Do you think it's ok to have a quarter 3 times a wk?

Cbosnax

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok, after reading some, I am a bit afraid but I am starting finasteride today and I will be taking it three times a wk. If anyone has any advice I would appreciate it!!!

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Considered minoxidil and dermarolling but applying it every day seems like a commitment that I don't know if I want to make.

I guess I will try finasteride and just hop off it if I experience any side effects. I already got some but I am just a bit afraid to start after reading about all the side effects.
This is every day for life for finasteride and min. Microneedling and keto, once a week is fine but no, don't start if you can't do this at least as regularly as brushing your teeth.

I have never even been able to tell that I take finasteride or dutasteride. I felt and fell exactly the same. If you only get maintenance, which is the primary goal, then you really won't be able to tell. Most of the anti-finasteride people are full of hot air and try to scare other people when sides are rare and they aren't permanent. That is absolute garbage claiming permanent sides. There's a synonym for anti-finasteride people and it is "bald".

Cbosnax

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is every day for life for finasteride and min. Microneedling and keto, once a week is fine but no, don't start if you can't do this at least as regularly as brushing your teeth.

I have never even been able to tell that I take finasteride or dutasteride. I felt and fell exactly the same. If you only get maintenance, which is the primary goal, then you really won't be able to tell. Most of the anti-finasteride people are full of hot air and try to scare other people when sides are rare and they aren't permanent. That is absolute garbage claiming permanent sides. There's a synonym for anti-finasteride people and it is "bald".
Thanks. I don't think I'm ready to start min or any of the other stuff but taking a pill seems nothing, I am only worried about the side effects. Seems like you are unlikely to get any and can just get off it if you get any, so I think I will take my first dose of finasteride today.

Doingitright

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks. I don't think I'm ready to start min or any of the other stuff but taking a pill seems nothing, I am only worried about the side effects. Seems like you are unlikely to get any and can just get off it if you get any, so I think I will take my first dose of finasteride today.
I started with just finasteride 3 x weekly M/W/F and this worked well for 1-2 years, I dropped the dose to 3 x weekly because I did get initial sides but this is your body adjusting. Key is do not panic.

Cbosnax

My Regimen
Reaction score
I started with just finasteride 3 x weekly M/W/F and this worked well for 1-2 years, I dropped the dose to 3 x weekly because I did get initial sides but this is your body adjusting. Key is do not panic.
Did you use the 5 mg tablets and cut them? That's what I'll be doing.

Cbosnax

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have used 5mg before, when I started I had 1mg.
Thanks.

One more thing I am concerned about is some people are saying to get blood work done before taking it, I won't be able to get it done for a good while but most people are saying it's ok to just take it.

What do you think?

Doingitright

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think medical advise from a doctor is beneficial, with that being said I was on holiday in Thailand age 21I popped to a chemist and bought a years supply with no doctor involved. It is fairly obvious through family history and the pattern of loss, self diagnosing male pattern baldness is extremely common these days.