G

yes, start with minoxidil foam. it could do much for you.

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hard to see, first pic looks quite bad. other two look much better. which is more representative?

oh and get off the ceiling.

losinghairsux

Reaction score
DSC00682.jpg

DSC00683.jpg

DSC00684.jpg

DSC00685.jpg

DSC00686.jpg

right side is a bit worse

losinghairsux

Reaction score
If I style my hair good its not that noticable but as you all know, its probably more important to ourselves than to those around us..

Just for comparison, heres a pic a 1.5 years ago
me.jpg

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
it looks ok now but its not gonna stay that way for long
basically what you need is finastride (propecia) to stop the balding process,the only problem is if you are not yet fully developed and still growing.
only when you are sure you are fully developed then you can consider finasteride
minoxidil you can start using now if you want it will give you more hair but it will not stop the balding process,and the hair will only last as long as you keep using it.
if you cant use finastride you can go for topical spironolactone instead

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
oops, yep i just noticed you wrote that in the title
yeah i would get on minoxidil if i was you, get the foam its easy to use its not too expensive and it grows hair rather quickly,just get ready to shed some hair because most people shed some from it at the beginning

losinghairsux

Reaction score
yes but it is also better to start early than to wait for it to get worse am I right? Would you describe me as a norwood scale 2? Hopefully in 5 years we will find a "cure" for balding and everyone will walk around with hair like John Stamos in full house!!!

John_Stamos-006.jpg

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
nice hair

pleasehelpme

Established Member
Reaction score
I feel for you man. I'm 19 now and have been sufferring from this bull**** since I was 13. I wish you the best of luck man. Continue to have hope.

BornBaldDieBald

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow, you had beautiful hair. It's ok for some us, myself included, who never had good hair to begin with, but I imagine its quite devastating for you. Youl should definately add minoxidil. I think that keeping your hair shorter would do much asthetically, and save your time and stress from having to conceal your hair all the time.

k3nn7i

Established Member
Reaction score
pleasehelpme said:
I feel for you man. I'm 19 now and have been sufferring from this bull**** since I was 13. I wish you the best of luck man. Continue to have hope.

you have hair loss since the age of 13? Sorry but I'm surprised here...I had done a lot of readings and noticed that most people started their hair loss as early as age 19...Feel sorry for you man...

BornBaldDieBald

Established Member
Reaction score
losinghairsux said:
BornBaldDieBald said:
Wow, you had beautiful hair. It's ok for some us, myself included, who never had good hair to begin with, but I imagine its quite devastating for you. Youl should definately add minoxidil. I think that keeping your hair shorter would do much asthetically, and save your time and stress from having to conceal your hair all the time.

Yeah, I had really good hair and the thing is that I would always style it in different ways and it was kind of a hobby you know. I really liked my hair. I can still style it now, I will post a picture of me when I have gel in it so you can see, it aint that bad. But if my temples become worse i'm afraid that I couldnt pull it off. Fortunately Im not ugly, and my head shape is ok if I loose it all.

I have one question, normally when I shower I loose 20 hairs or so is that supposed to happen after 4 months of finasterid? And I usually dont see that many hairs on my pillow but when I get it wet and comb it hairs usually fall out. Not when dry tho.

Losing hairs in the showers shouldnt really be a concern, considering that you are likely using shampoo which strips away dirt. Those hairs that you see falling out are more than likely hairs that have shed naturally, but got stuck in your remaining hair; or, hairs that would have fallen out either way. The faster you get those hairs out, the better you can expect regrowth under the influence of finasteride and/or minoxidil.

It's never the hairs that you lose that count, its whether they grow back strong or not.

You styling is actually very good and conceals the problem well. In my personal experience I find it easier to keep the sides short, so as to diminish the difference in density. Unfortunately your temples are probably going to get worse (though at a much slower I would expect, since you are on finasteride). However minoxidil is crucial for regrowth. Give the finasteride about a year or so before you jump on it however, given of course that your hair loss doesn't dramatically increase to the point where you cannot style it anymore.