28 Yearold males needs advice.

Alucardsoma

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I started to get a receding hairline around 18 or 19 at the time i was bodybuilding. Around 23 i got injured and i had to stop working out and my balding slowed down a lot(i think). I started working out about 7 or 8 month ago, but then i quit(Do to equipment problems). In the last 3-5 months my hair been getting thinner, my crown is the most noticeable.

I really want to get as much of my hair line back and get my crown thick again. However, i do not want to take Propecia or anything with sexual side effects.

Right now I'm taking Saw Palmetto, Green tea(extract) Sting Nettle Root and Regene Pure Dr shampoo.

What else can I add to stop my balding/receding hair line. I'd like to get as much as my temple hair back and to thicken my crown. Please Guys help me out!
IMAG3710.jpg
IMAG3712.jpg
IMAG3711.jpg

P.S Am i at Norwood 2 or 3 at this point?

fixed*

Attachments

• IMAG3713.jpg
    IMAG3713.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 212
  • IMAG3707.jpg
    IMAG3707.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 201

CursedMen

Established Member
Reaction score
I suggest you buzz it, and you are a Norwood 2.5ish to me. If you are a body builder, I doubt you will get side effects from propecia. I think that ones that get sides are the people with low androgen activity to begin with. Plus those "natural" things you are taking can also lower DHT. So, if you are scared of side effects get off those too then.

Am I Too Pate

Reaction score
I was the same age when I first noticed I was losing my hair. You can always go for a combination of Nizoral (5%), Minoxidil and Laser Comb. Ultimately that's about what worked for me. I left it a lot later than you to tackle the problem but restored my hair to a point where you wouldn't really know I'd lost any (unless you look closely or you see me under intense spotlights, maybe). Everyone responds differently to treatment, so unfortunately advice ultimately has to be trialled to see what will work in your case. What I can say is that saw palmetto, stinging nettle et. al. doesn't work. At very best you might get some small benefit as part of a broader treatment regimen. At worst, they're a complete waste of money.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just get on the big 3, it's your best bet. Your current treatments aren't very effective ones and probably won't save your hair before it's too late. You're a NW2, nw3 occurs when the anterior scalp region is gone, like the frontal third of your head. You've still got that proper frontal area, though it is a bit thin at the front.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
+1

Alucardsoma

Reaction score
Damn so the herbs wont be much help....

Let me get this correct, The big 3 are Rogaine( liquid 5 % i heard is better then foam), Propecia(anything that's just as good without those sexual side effects?) and Nizoral(or in my case Regene Pure Dr shampoo, which i hear is better)?

I was thinking about getting the laser combo from Hairmaxx(about $600), but i didnt really like the before and after pics,plus i heard from hear laser combos are not effective.

Also, thanks for the advice my friends.

Am I Too Pate

Reaction score
Yes, the big three are finasteride, minoxidil and Nizoral. I've only ever used the liquid and am happy with the results. The laser comb is an 'at the margin' treatment. I recommended it because you're looking to avoid the sexual sides (which are by no means guaranteed) and there aren't a lot of other options out there
there. The laser comb might augment results, but it will never be a primary treatment. I wish it were different, but the herbs just don't get results.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, you shouldn't be paying $600 for a laser comb (assuming your just talking about the standard comb). For the low end model you can get away with $250 on Amazon. The main difference between the three HairMax models is the amount of time you need to use them due to number of mini lasers and therefore coverage in one pass. If there's a model that costs $600 the photos had damn well better be impressive (more specifically the results had better damn well be impressive). Agree with you that that's not likely.