28 year old newbee...possible gynecomastia

nir

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm relatively new to this site, so please excuse me if i am posting in the wrong section, but i would really appreciate some advice and help.

I started taking proscar about 4 to 4.5 months ago...and everythign as going well. I didn't notice any side effects whatso ever.

However over the last week or two i have noticed that there is some extra fat just below my nipples. i have had a read on this forum and starting to feel a bit paranoid.

The right side feels slightly painful today, i don't know if that is due to me toouching all day yesterday (paranoia) or from going to the gym.

I'm not too sure what to do, but after a bit of research on the net i have ordered some super microforte and zinc tablets.

I really don't want to lost the hair that i have managed to hold on to? Should i stop taking the meds for a couple of weeks and start back up on a lower dose every other day and see how it goes?

any advice would be greatly appreciated :(

Ende

Reaction score
If you don't have any sexual problems, it's most likely nothing to worry about. Gynecomastia is caused be severe elevated estrogen level, and it's very painful when it begins to grow.

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=59803

billythekid

Established Member
Reaction score
Gynecomastia isn't necessarily painful when it begins. I had feeling of itchy nipples and no real pain to speak of. It was random and didn't last very long. After stopping finasteride, the itchiness went away, but the Gynecomastia (mild, but noticeable to me) developed very slowly.

Get a blood test to check estrogen and testosterone levels if it's feasible to do so.

Ende

Reaction score
It isn't gynecomstia before lumps begin to grow, and that hurts like hell. If slightly elevated estrogen level causes discomfort in the breast area, zinc will take care of that. No need to quit the drug.

nir

Reaction score
ok...i'm going to go and buy some zinc tablets..what dosage should i be taking everyday.

I'm concerned i'm starting to have side effects as i haven't put on any weight and i have notice my pecs are not how they normally feel. i don't know whether to stop for a couple of weeks to see whether it subsides and then start back up again.

Or try the Zinc..continue on finasteride, maybe cut down to every other day and see how it progresses.

I'm slightly scared now as i been readin up on the site about people have sexual related problems and not recovering from them for quite some time.

any further advice guys would be appreciated.

Many thanks is advance

Ende

Reaction score
Don't worry about side effects unless you get reduced libido or softer erections, and just so you know, zinc will take care of that too. The recommended dose for this use is 50 - 100 mg a day, but if you're not experiencing any sexual side effects, I would go with a lower dose. A guy just said the RDA was 15 mg.

Quit if your joints begin to crack. It indicates that the estrogen level is too low, and this will give you sexual problems too.

nir

Reaction score
Hi Enden,

thanks for your help mate, really appreciated. What will cause my joints to crack? will that be due to the zinc.

I can more or less be certain that i have extra flesh around my nipple. I did a proper analysis in the mirror and the rest of my pecs look firm apart from around the under area of my nipples. noway i could have put on that much fat in the spcace of 10-14 days!!! Also generally noticed some more fat round my hips..don't know if that is a side effect either.

not too sure about the libido or softer erection side of things. I never really looked out for it. but you having mentioned it...i can't remember the last time i had a morning erection. :(

I'm thinking of cutting the finasteride down to half the dose and taking it every 3 days. Is that pointless? or is it better to stop for a couple of weeks until the side effects pass and start back up again using half the dose every 2 or 3 days?

Ende

Reaction score
It's too low estrogen level which causes your joints to crack (zinc lowers the estrogen level). If you go on further, they'll begin to ache, and you'll get trouble with your brain function and sexual function as well.

Finasteride should be used every day, at a minimum dose of 0.25 mg. If you can't use that, it's better to quit in my opinion - and maybe give it a new shot later. It definately sounds like your estrogen level is a bit elevated, but zinc should take care of that. Try 50 mg of zinc to go along with propecia, and give it a couple of weeks.