28 Y/o First Time hair transplant. Need Advice. Pictures Attached

Megnus

Reaction score
Hello there!

I have been reading this forum since I was 17 years old. My temples started receding when I was 16 and after I started taking finasteride and applying minoxidil when I was 18. Then the receding stopped. Crown was also a little thin at that point. Im now turning 28 in 3 weeks and my crown have started to become so thin that I cant really grow my hair out anymore. Hairline is still the same as when I was 18.

I have consulted (online) Dr. Feriduni in Beldium since I have seen a lot of good work from him, and Dr. Bhatti in India since it is cheaper and I live close to india at the moment. Also have the impression that he is one of the better ones out there.

Bhatti told me this
"You are heading for Grade 4 pattern, and need around 1800-2000 scalp grafts for the hairline and temples and another 1000-1200 for the crown area at the back."

Feriduni told me I need 1600-2400 grafts, but only for the hairline. He didn't recommend doing the crown until I was 35 years old, and this for a price more than double what it would cost to go with Bhatti for both temples and crown.

So I am wondering what to do. I am not interested in getting a lower hairline, just filling in the temples a bit and doing most of the work on top of my scalp.

I have attached some pictures to show what I mean. I only want very minor work in temples, but these doctors wants to put so many grafts. How many grafts do you guys think I need for my temple work?

1-longer-hair.jpg

2-short-hair.jpg

3-short.jpg

This is how I want it to be filled in

4-covered1.jpg

5-red-lined.jpg

Last edited:

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello there!

I have been reading this forum since I was 17 years old. My temples started receding when I was 16 and after I started taking finasteride and applying minoxidil when I was 18. Then the receding stopped. Crown was also a little thin at that point. Im now turning 28 in 3 weeks and my crown have started to become so thin that I cant really grow my hair out anymore. Hairline is still the same as when I was 18.

I have consulted (online) Dr. Feriduni in Beldium since I have seen a lot of good work from him, and Dr. Bhatti in India since it is cheaper and I live close to india at the moment. Also have the impression that he is one of the better ones out there.

Bhatti told me this
"You are heading for Grade 4 pattern, and need around 1800-2000 scalp grafts for the hairline and temples and another 1000-1200 for the crown area at the back."

Feriduni told me I need 1600-2400 grafts, but only for the hairline. He didn't recommend doing the crown until I was 35 years old, and this for a price more than double what it would cost to go with Bhatti for both temples and crown.

So I am wondering what to do. I am not interested in getting a lower hairline, just filling in the temples a bit and doing most of the work on top of my scalp.

I have attached some pictures to show what I mean. I only want very minor work in temples, but these doctors wants to put so many grafts. How many grafts do you guys think I need for my temple work?

View attachment 106758

View attachment 106759

View attachment 106760

This is how I want it to be filled in

View attachment 106761

View attachment 106762

you still have a great head of hair ! u could wait until 30 for a transplant i think. what about fina, you started taking it at 17 ? without any sides at that young age until now ?

Megnus

Reaction score
you still have a great head of hair ! u could wait until 30 for a transplant i think. what about fina, you started taking it at 17 ? without any sides at that young age until now ?

Well. At least I have a very good donor area! Started on minoxidil at 17 and started taking finasteride at 18. No side effects for over 10 years now.

And I dont wanna wait any longer. Have waited for this so long already. My thoughts are maybe 800-1200 grafts for the temples, and then maybe 2000 for the crown. Does that sound right to you guys?

Parity07

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had my transplant with Dr Ilker Apaydin and whilst there I met a lad who had his temples done and hairline lowered a touch, around 2000 grafts in total. The results aren't in yet but he's so glad he had it done.