28 Male 2100 Grafts FUE

Pierre.Voyage

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi All,
Long time reader first time poster!
This has been a really helpful community and I thank you all for your contribution and support over the years.

A little about my story, I began noticeably losing my hair around age 21. In reality it was probably more like 18, but did not pay much attention to it. I had always been super anxious about losing my hair. My father is bald, which may make you think accepting it would be easier but it was the opposite. I was totally aware that one day this may happen to me, and as I began to shed in my early 20s, my damn mum (bless her) made me very aware that my crown was becoming increasingly thin. This is not something you want to be worry about when heading off to parties, when life should be completely carefree!

I constantly wore hats and there is no denying that my hairloss became a huge anxiety and constant worry throughout my 20s. I had a loving girlfriend throughout this time, but even that didnt stop the dread of looking 45 when I was 30. It was less about aging though and more about feeling powerless and helpless. Everyday I was regressing. Everyday I would see more hairs on my pillows, hair in the bathroom shower. I dreaded photos and I would avoid situations where someone might call me out about my hair loss.

I eventually buzzed my hair short. I think this helped for a couple of years, and initally worked well with concealers like toppik. I used finasteride on and off for 5 years with mixed results. I never really got into Regaine as I found this quite messy and tricky to use with concealers. Eventually, the hair at the crown became so thin and I was receding at the front, the toppik had little hair to hold onto. It was being applied right to the scalp. The very thing that had help me for years was now the thing I become anxious about. Would people notice that I was using a concealer? What happens if someone rubs my head at footy and it ends up on their hands? what if it rains and it runs down my face?

I was beginning to exhaust all options. But I knew I had one last trump card up my sleeve. One that I had been thinking about for years. A hair transplant.

I knew this was an option. I knew I would probably get one at somepoint, but never thought I would get one in Australia for the price I did. We were in lockdown, and with a bit of money saved and the need to convince myself that it would all be worth it in Melbourne instead of Turkey - I bit the bullet and booked in a consultation with Dr Vikram Jayaprakash from the Knudsen Clinic. Vikram is a bit of a celebrity surgeion you could say, and has many views on his youtube channel "the Hairloss Show". I had watched alot of these videos before going so felt reasured I was in good hands. Vikram explained carefully the procedure and gave me realistic expectations. 3 Weeks later I had my procedure on the 17th December 2020.

I am now about 8 months post operation and I couldnt be happier with the results. I have been extremely regimented with my care and routine. Since the operation I have been taking Finasteride, regaine twice a day and use Nizoral shampoo every second day. The ugly duckling period was a little tricky to get through over the first two months, but since then its been growth ontop of growth. I still keep my hair very short as it is much easier to maintain during lockdowns and easy to apply regaine. I think at about the 12 month mark we will grow it out a bit more. But right now its great to see the gains I have made with a tight crop. Each photo below is taken at a No.2 Clip hair trim. So it is good for comparison.

Anyway, please let me know your thoughts and feelings and if you have any questions about the procedure, post care of hesitations about getting a transplant, feel free to ask. I will continue to post some monthly photos for the next six months.

Thanks for reading, and the support!
Pierre!

1 Day Pre Operation:
Pre_1.jpg
Pre_2.jpg
Pre_3.jpg
Pre_4.jpg

1 Day Post Operation:

Post_1.jpg
Post_2.jpg
Post_3.jpg

2 Months Post Operation:

Post_2m_2.jpg
Post 2m_1.jpg

3 Months Post Operation:

Post_3m_1.jpg
Post_3m_2.jpg

4 Months Post Operation:
Post_4m_2.jpg
Post_4m_1.jpg

6 Months Post Operation:

Post_6m_2.jpg
Post_6m_1.jpg

9 months to come shortly!

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi All,
Long time reader first time poster!
This has been a really helpful community and I thank you all for your contribution and support over the years.

A little about my story, I began noticeably losing my hair around age 21. In reality it was probably more like 18, but did not pay much attention to it. I had always been super anxious about losing my hair. My father is bald, which may make you think accepting it would be easier but it was the opposite. I was totally aware that one day this may happen to me, and as I began to shed in my early 20s, my damn mum (bless her) made me very aware that my crown was becoming increasingly thin. This is not something you want to be worry about when heading off to parties, when life should be completely carefree!

I constantly wore hats and there is no denying that my hairloss became a huge anxiety and constant worry throughout my 20s. I had a loving girlfriend throughout this time, but even that didnt stop the dread of looking 45 when I was 30. It was less about aging though and more about feeling powerless and helpless. Everyday I was regressing. Everyday I would see more hairs on my pillows, hair in the bathroom shower. I dreaded photos and I would avoid situations where someone might call me out about my hair loss.

I eventually buzzed my hair short. I think this helped for a couple of years, and initally worked well with concealers like toppik. I used finasteride on and off for 5 years with mixed results. I never really got into Regaine as I found this quite messy and tricky to use with concealers. Eventually, the hair at the crown became so thin and I was receding at the front, the toppik had little hair to hold onto. It was being applied right to the scalp. The very thing that had help me for years was now the thing I become anxious about. Would people notice that I was using a concealer? What happens if someone rubs my head at footy and it ends up on their hands? what if it rains and it runs down my face?

I was beginning to exhaust all options. But I knew I had one last trump card up my sleeve. One that I had been thinking about for years. A hair transplant.

I knew this was an option. I knew I would probably get one at somepoint, but never thought I would get one in Australia for the price I did. We were in lockdown, and with a bit of money saved and the need to convince myself that it would all be worth it in Melbourne instead of Turkey - I bit the bullet and booked in a consultation with Dr Vikram Jayaprakash from the Knudsen Clinic. Vikram is a bit of a celebrity surgeion you could say, and has many views on his youtube channel "the Hairloss Show". I had watched alot of these videos before going so felt reasured I was in good hands. Vikram explained carefully the procedure and gave me realistic expectations. 3 Weeks later I had my procedure on the 17th December 2020.

I am now about 8 months post operation and I couldnt be happier with the results. I have been extremely regimented with my care and routine. Since the operation I have been taking Finasteride, regaine twice a day and use Nizoral shampoo every second day. The ugly duckling period was a little tricky to get through over the first two months, but since then its been growth ontop of growth. I still keep my hair very short as it is much easier to maintain during lockdowns and easy to apply regaine. I think at about the 12 month mark we will grow it out a bit more. But right now its great to see the gains I have made with a tight crop. Each photo below is taken at a No.2 Clip hair trim. So it is good for comparison.

Anyway, please let me know your thoughts and feelings and if you have any questions about the procedure, post care of hesitations about getting a transplant, feel free to ask. I will continue to post some monthly photos for the next six months.

Thanks for reading, and the support!
Pierre!

1 Day Pre Operation:
View attachment 169214View attachment 169215View attachment 169216View attachment 169217

1 Day Post Operation:

View attachment 169218View attachment 169219View attachment 169220

2 Months Post Operation:

View attachment 169222View attachment 169221

3 Months Post Operation:

View attachment 169223View attachment 169224

4 Months Post Operation:
View attachment 169226View attachment 169225

6 Months Post Operation:

View attachment 169228View attachment 169227

9 months to come shortly!
Very nice and many of us thank you for the long detailed write-up and actual pics! Those look like excellent results and the tiny pinpoints of red indicate little to no scarring plus you seem to still have adequate donor hair. I look forward to seeing your future progress and kudos on using finasteride as possible extended maintenance to keep you from losing ground hopefully in the future. I look forward to seeing your progress at longer lengths but very nice masculine hair cut currently.

Best,
Janey

hopeful24

Reaction score
Excellent outcome so far and it'll only continue to get better . Do you mind sharing how many grafts total and how much the doctor charges per graft?

Pierre.Voyage

My Regimen
Reaction score
Excellent outcome so far and it'll only continue to get better . Do you mind sharing how many grafts total and how much the doctor charges per graft?

I had 2100 Grafts. It is roughly 9AUD per graft - which is about 6.5USD.

Total op cost 20k with theatre fee etc. A bit more than I had intially hoped for, but absolutely no regrets since the procedure.

jazz1

Reaction score
Awesome results.