27 years old. Looking for a hair treatment regiment. Please Advise!

notsohairystyles

Reaction score
I’m 27 and have been losing hair for a few years. I’ve taken biotin tablets and used Nioxin shampoo to make it look thicker but I’ve decided it’s time to start a more in-depth hair treatment plan. Please see my photos. My doctor recently gave me a prescription for propecia. Should I use the propecia with Nizoral shampoo and maybe rogaine (if so what kind)? What is the best regiment to try and thicken the hair on the crown of my head? Please advise.

Attachments

• IMG_0615.JPG
    IMG_0615.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_0616.JPG
    IMG_0616.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG_0617.JPG
    IMG_0617.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_0618.JPG
    IMG_0618.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 273

myhairbegone

Established Member
Reaction score
I’m 27 and have been losing hair for a few years. I’ve taken biotin tablets and used Nioxin shampoo to make it look thicker but I’ve decided it’s time to start a more in-depth hair treatment plan. Please see my photos. My doctor recently gave me a prescription for propecia. Should I use the propecia with Nizoral shampoo and maybe rogaine (if so what kind)? What is the best regiment to try and thicken the hair on the crown of my head? Please advise.

Did you even bother to read the stickys?

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Always finasteride.
Minoxidil if you have thinned out in places but still have some hair intact.

JBone88

My Regimen
Reaction score
finasteride. Don't be afraid of it.

I wish I had got on it sooner. I haven't seen any great results from it yet, cause I'm only approaching 3 months on it, but I feel like I've wasted my time trying Saw Palmetto... Flax Seeds... Biotin.... and then just trying to eat healthy and exercise. Ok eating healthy and exercise wasn't time wasting but with regards saving my hair it's just not going to make a difference. I'm 27 and if I think I'm not too far off the kinda hair you have although yours is a little more advanced. My short time on it has shown some results if you wanna check it out.

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interac...onths-Rogaine-2-months-Finpecia-and-1-Nizoral

Do your research. I never felt I was someone that got side effects off things that supposedly gave you side effects, so I went into finasteride feeling confident and I think that's a positive thing to do. If you go in all worried then you're not going to help yourself. I probably started with about .25 mg a day and over the course of 3 weeks brought it up to .5mg a day. Maybe think of doing something like that and if you do feel some side effects and want to quit, then the side effects will almost certainly disappear.

There's a reason so many people all go with the big three. If that doesn't work then maybe explore further but I think that's the place you want to start. Best of luck.

notsohairystyles

Reaction score
Did you even bother to read the stickys?
Do you feel I'm outside the guidlines of the sticky? The sticky I saw said to not create a bio that isn't about my story....this is my story...I apologize if I'm doing something wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm guessing finasteride is short for Finasteride, which is in propecia...so I will start taking that. My doctor wrote me a prescription for 90 1 mg tablets to take daily....seems like from JBones' comment that is a lot...should i only take a half a pill a day? Any suggestions on what product I should take that has minoxidil in it? Rogaine or can i use a cheaper brand? Is this also a pill or some type of cream for the scalp(dumb question I'm sure)? Does everyone agree to go with the Nizoral shampoo? Any conditioner I should get? All help is much appreciated, I'm just a little overwhelmed on where to start...

Reaction score
All Naturally based Monat anti aging, hair care restoration treatment systems.

Hi, I have recently been introduced to a company that has produced a revolutionary, cutting edge, naturally based, anti aging, hair care restoration treatment systems in the form of shampoos and conditioners. The company is called Monat. They only use the safest ingredients and is as clean as you can possibly get. There is a system that restores hair growth as long as the hair follicle is still alive. This product is producing amazing results with all kinds of hair loss problems including alopecia, male pattern baldness, hair thinning and shedding. For more information, please visit my website: www.forstunninghair.mymonat.com. I can show you some incredible before and after pictures with results that will astound you! Thank you so much for your consideration!

Hairloss23

Banned
Reaction score
Hi, I have recently been introduced to a company that has produced a revolutionary, cutting edge, naturally based, anti aging, hair care restoration treatment systems in the form of shampoos and conditioners. The company is called Monat. They only use the safest ingredients and is as clean as you can possibly get. There is a system that restores hair growth as long as the hair follicle is still alive. This product is producing amazing results with all kinds of hair loss problems including alopecia, male pattern baldness, hair thinning and shedding. For more information, please visit my website: www.forstunninghair.mymonat.com. I can show you some incredible before and after pictures with results that will astound you! Thank you so much for your consideration!

y u do dis to us