27 Years Old. Am I Balding Or Is It Another Reason?

Sseoud86

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been on finasteride since my latest update. Started with 1mg/day, but I changed it to 0.5mg/day now.
I might be placebo, but I just felt better with half a dose then the full.
Half a dose is perfectly fine and actually just as effective pretty much. You'll most likely see great with results. Just stick with it and check back after 6months to a year. Up the dosage later if need be.

RealSnickers

My Regimen
Reaction score
Update:
I feel like my hair is getting a lot thinner and more so on the front of my head. Spotlights are now my worst enemy and I find it more depressing each time I've showered to look at my hair.
I still use ketokonazol 1-2 times a week and other dandruff schampo to keep the itch away.

I take vitamins supplements each morning and have been doing it for the past two years. I make sure to get some exercise and eat more healthy.
Still I shed from time to time and "the itch" won't go away for more then a few days at a time.

I did try Propecia that I got from a doctor, but after 2 weeks I stopped because I didn't want to risk it with side effects (and my nipples got really sensitive).
Still surprised how often I shed considering how well I take care of my body. Also surprised that I still have hair up there considering how much and often I shed.

I've looked more into my parents and grandparents. No one is full bald, but all of them have receded a little to a bit. Is it possible that I'm just heading that direction or am I just wishing that this isn't balding?

Attachments

• IMG_5510.jpg
    IMG_5510.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_5512.jpg
    IMG_5512.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_5515.jpg
    IMG_5515.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_5517.jpg
    IMG_5517.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_5519.jpg
    IMG_5519.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_5520.jpg
    IMG_5520.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 194

JohnSmith21

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you on finasteride or not I’m confused ? You are starting to thin , it is male pattern baldness, and finasteride is really the only treatment that works. So it’s up to you if you wanna take it or not

Jonathan Duran

My Regimen
Reaction score
We have same symptoms... I saw falling strands of hair every time I run my hand into it...then I also experiencing scalp itch and dandruff even Im using anti dandruff shampoo (dove) ... currently Im taking finasteride 1mg per day, Im on 2nd month... I observed I loose miniturized hair strand with poibted tip... I think finasteride loose it to give way for stronger and thicker strand... I also using ketoconazole for itch and dandruff.... hopefully the medicines will manage my problems as I go through...

TDE97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update:
I feel like my hair is getting a lot thinner and more so on the front of my head. Spotlights are now my worst enemy and I find it more depressing each time I've showered to look at my hair.
I still use ketokonazol 1-2 times a week and other dandruff schampo to keep the itch away.

I take vitamins supplements each morning and have been doing it for the past two years. I make sure to get some exercise and eat more healthy.
Still I shed from time to time and "the itch" won't go away for more then a few days at a time.

I did try Propecia that I got from a doctor, but after 2 weeks I stopped because I didn't want to risk it with side effects (and my nipples got really sensitive).
Still surprised how often I shed considering how well I take care of my body. Also surprised that I still have hair up there considering how much and often I shed.

I've looked more into my parents and grandparents. No one is full bald, but all of them have receded a little to a bit. Is it possible that I'm just heading that direction or am I just wishing that this isn't balding?
You should either try zix or topical dutasteride.

Raphael13

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks great.
Don't know why so many people on this forum panic when they see the mini hairlines at the front, many people have it without going bald.
Im not saying you WONT go bald or that you WILL, but the mini hairs on the front are the least of the problems. Some people can lose 1-2cm of their hairline and nothing else happens after that. I would be more worried if the crown showed thinning or the entire density of the scalp.

Raphael13

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think another problem with this forum is that people want a Frank Vincent hairline at 60-70, and if they don't get that then they are bald or doomed. Many people will recede somewhat and NOT GO BALD. Only a SMALL precentage of people will get old without losing a SINGLE hair, but for many men at age 50+ with great hair there ARE some thinning or recession there. Stop panicking because you recede somewhat..u can start panciking when your entire scalp/crown shows signs of tinning.

Too many ppl on this forum suffers from BDD. If their hairline recedes with 1-2 cm they would see themselves as bald, when infact they still have 70-90% of their hair left.

A friend of mine got to norwood 3 at age 18. If he posted here everyone would recommend him to start fina or do this and do that. Today he is 31 and has the EXACT same hairline. Sure who knows, he might go bald in the future..or not. My point is you are not screwed because your hairline moves up a little. Yes it could still be a sign of you going bald, but as long as your hairline is receding somewhat or thinning little without the crown suffering or the overall density of your hair, stop jump on meds and look into expensive surgeries.

Last edited:

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are starting to lose hair. I would not really categorize this as aggressive balding though. If finasteride was problematic, maybe you ought to try topicals like RU58841 and minoxidil.