27 Y.o. Male Triple Therapy Hoping To Stabilise

dothestrand

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am 27 hoping to stabilise my hair loss for a potential future transplant.

I have been on Finasteride for 3 years (pre-picture below), Minoxidil for 1 month (some shedding evident on right side below), and ketoconazole for 1 month.

My interpretation is that I am between a Norwood 3V and a NW4.

I have significantly more advanced hair loss on my right side at the temple and crown compared to my left. I have found little information on this on the internet.

Half way through my shed currently for Minoxidil and interestingly the shed is also more pronounced on the right side.

I have lived with hair loss since I was approximately 20-21. It went through an initial increase when I lost quite a bit of weight at 21. It then increased considerably approx 21-22 (when I was taking Maximuscle protein shakes and going to the gym frequently).

I have further noticed more hair loss during exam periods (I have regular exams due to my career and will continue this through my life).

I can tell when I am losing hair as the scalp is warmer to touch than the surrounding areas and there is an itching sensation.

This past month since on triple therapy rather than just Finasteride have noticed only mild warmth in hair loss areas and no itch.

Aim:

Conservative hair transplant with good future reserve.

Plan:

Review triple therapy results in 6 months with hair transplant surgeon.

Additional information:

Family history: Father Norwood 2/3 at 67 / Mother’s brothers all Norwood 6/7 in mid 40s and 50s.

Fathers side have a stroke history in their early 90s otherwise fit as a fiddle.
Mothers side have history rheumatoid arthritis.

Social history: No smoking. Drink alcohol socially.

Diet: Historically poor. Have improved past month with more fruit and vegetables in diet and taking vitamin supplements.

Photos (attached):

1. Hair April 2015 (at start of Finasteride monotherapy)
2. Hair May 2018 (1 month post triple therapy hence mid-shed)

Apologies the first picture is with wet hair - it’s the only picture I have at the time.

Attachments

• B1F4EF18-80C2-4B6B-9B8B-9131E7FF1CF9.jpeg
    B1F4EF18-80C2-4B6B-9B8B-9131E7FF1CF9.jpeg
    134.1 KB · Views: 272
  • 5D56F748-296D-4721-99A3-51E456A79AC1.jpeg
    5D56F748-296D-4721-99A3-51E456A79AC1.jpeg
    88.6 KB · Views: 256