27. Possibly Medication Induced Hair Loss Query.

John Bruce

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes you can reduce hairloss if u treat seborrheic dermatitis.Hair should grow back.Seborrheic dermatitis is not that big of a issue it is just annoying and expensive.in winter seborrheic dermatitis gets worse because there is no sun and u lack vitamin D.I recommend u to take vitamin D in for of pills or liquid and start taking cold showers.Use only cold water on your face and scalp.You will see the results immediately.And stop eating spicy and warm foods.Only cold foods!

I see, okay at least that’s some hope there. Could this condition be a primary factor in hair loss in my case you think or would you imagine there’s another cause?

Thanks for the response. Going to try and find some of the special shampoo and I’ve just got new vitamins and supplements.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
To be clear I think the condition is ultimately male pattern baldness and that the Telogen Effluvium or Thyroid issue must have accelerated or uncovered what had been a very gradual form of Hairloss. Unfortunately I have found much hope in terms of recovery, I stay on oral minoxidil and have been experimenting with RU despite my better judgement. I’m holding off on Propecia as long as possible and I do think I may come to regret that decision.

If I were you I’d explore all possible factors at once, develop a plan and shop Doctor’s until you find one that gets it. I would never usually make this recommendation but a I have found women dermatologists more likely to assume Telogen Effluvium or stress rather than actual male pattern baldness. I loss a full year leaving in that medical advice.

Stigabe

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I see, okay at least that’s some hope there. Could this condition be a primary factor in hair loss in my case you think or would you imagine there’s another cause?

Thanks for the response. Going to try and find some of the special shampoo and I’ve just got new vitamins and supplements.
According to the most studies seborrheic dermatitis does not cause hairloss,but i pretty sure that the reason my hairloss started is because of it.Exactly when the dermatitis started my hair started shedding.I had only flakes on my temples and exactly there my hair started shedding and receding.Do you think it is coincidence that my hair starts shedding exactly on the parts when my hair itches like hell and has so much flakes?I dont think so.Thats maybe the reason why your hairloss started aswell.Now is winter and my seborrheic dermatitis is very bad and i havent seen improvement since September.Now i am just waiting for the summer and will keep you updated if my hairloss stops and if my hairloss will reverse.

Carlo099

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's caused by Ssri. I have the same pattern of loss and it seems not to stop after 4 years I discontinued it.

DanzlCarry

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, it is possible that due to excessive use of the drug you have problems with your hair, I am not excluding the fact that this is a side effect of Ritaline. However, I would advise you to consult a doctor rather than discuss such issues on the Internet. After all, you never know who will give you the wrong advice, and then you will regret that you listened to a random person from the forum. So of course you can read replies, but you need to make a decision as soon as possible and go to the doctor. When I started to go bald, as it seemed to me because of the drugs I was taking, I immediately went to the doctor, but before that I issued a medical policy after reading an article about plan g vs plan n

Last edited: