27 - On big three

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
wow..this is crazy! very good! Congrats!!

Jlyncher

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks DarkVctry! Also, thank you for the tip, Koga. It's now extremely hard to apply the foam well, so I'll likely follow your advice.

I wanted to wait until the six month mark before posting another update, but I checked out my hair today and I felt it was a good time. Below is a comparison photo. On the left is my hair a little less than two months on minoxidil before I noticed any regrowth and right before I started dermarolling. On the right is my hair today. Since my last photo updates were dark, I did my best to recreate the lighting and angle in the current picture so the comparison is as accurate as possible. If anything, there is more lighting in today's picture. Also, hair length is about the same.

View attachment 22329

I've gone from a NW3 Vertex to a NW2 in less than 6 months. I'm very happy with the results!

FANTASTIC results BG! Looks like you're worries are over, congrats man!

badgenetics1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks! It's strange to have a full head of hair again, but I'm certainly enjoying it.

Gottaregrow

Reaction score
Hi
Wow, outstanding results. Happy for you.

I got a few questions if you done mind I will be very grateful if you could reply

-What Dermaroller model do you use? Here are most of them: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias=beauty&field-keywords=DERMA+ROLLER
-How many times a week did you roll?
-Did you put pressure until you see blood spots or you roll without adding pressure?
-Did you apply minoxidil after dermarolling?

Many thanks. I'm 3 years into fighting my hairloss and had no results at all. Hope to achieve some progress soon. frustrating process

badgenetics1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice!

minox-rex

Reaction score
Hey BG, what do you do before and after the dermarolling? Any aseptic procedure? And the dermaroller, do you clean it? How? Thanks!

badgenetics1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all, haven't been on the site for a while but figured now would be a good time to post an update. I've been on minoxidil 5% foam/liquid 2x a day for the past 11 months, RegenePure DR shampoo 2-3x a week for the past 11 months, and 1 mg finasteride per day for the past 10 months. I also dermarolled from September - December 2013. I'll probably start that up again within the next month or so and do it only once or twice a month.

The image at the bottom shows a comparison of me one month into treatment with where I am today. While the hair on my crown is still thinner than on the rest of my head, I've been incredibly pleased with my results. Nobody notices my hair loss anymore, and you can't tell I've had any loss unless you examine my hair closely in bright light. Cherry on top - I've had zero negative side effects from the minoxidil or finasteride.

Hopefully this will inspire people who are just starting treatment. The big three done consistently really can work wonders!

Month 1 vs Month 11.jpg

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
that is incredible, I have a large area of my crown that is similar to your before pic, not quite as bad but almost, I never thought an area as bald as that could nearly totally fill in

badgenetics1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I figured it'd be good to post an update after several years since I fell into the camp of stop coming to the forums once I had success. I've been using Rogaine (liquid in the morning, foam at night) and generic Propecia since 2013. I'd post an update photo but wouldn't be much of any update - everything I've regrown since starting has been maintained (see prior posts in the thread).

I'm now 30 and very happy with the treatments. They're very effective and I have yet to have a single side effect from Propecia. I know that isn't always the case, but since those who do have side effects tend to be the loudest I wanted to let anyone know who's considering starting & worried about the side effects that there are plenty of people out there who have none.

Anyway, hopefully this will give motivation to anyone just starting or thinking about starting treatments, knowing that you can be on it for years and still have great results.

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey man good for you to post after all these years! I was just wondering if you noticed any decline in hair after the one year mark as I've hit 1 and a half years on minoxidil and over 2 on propecia and I have seemed to have lost a lot of density recently. Also if possible it would be nice to get a photo update :)

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Good for you!
It is interesting that you only had loss at crown level and both finasteride and minoxidil are known for the effects at crown level.
It seems to suggest that when hair loss only regards your crown then it has different dynamics and potential to be cured than when it also hits the temples.

FutureSaitama

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I swear to god your hairloss, hair color and head shape are similar to mine. I could swear thats my head. Too bad i can't take finasteride..

GiveMeAccessToMyAccount

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I swear to god your hairloss, hair color and head shape are similar to mine. I could swear thats my head. Too bad i can't take finasteride..
I once google imaged fue's and I saw a head that looked so much like mine, with the skin color, eyebrows, head shape, type of hair loss that I thought someone had hacked my computer and posted my picture online to humiliate me. I've never posted pics online of my fue so I got scared. But it wasn't me luckily lol.