27 months of minoxidil, 17 months on finasteride

Sharpshooter

Reaction score
Wow looking good, I'm in a similar position and have been starting to get some of my hairline back and I've only been on the meds for 4 months.

Just a question for the OP though, did those minoxidil hairs grow out to be as long as the rest of your hair?

H/B

Established Member
Reaction score
Some of them further back across the top have. the hair in the corners of the front is a mix of terminal, semti-terminal, and velus of various sizes. what becomes of them remains to be seen. if my hair is kept at about 2 1/2 inches on top it looks decent. but cant grow it as long as i would like. some of them will not grow longer than 2 on the top, but match the sourounding hair in color and thickness.

nguy1832

Reaction score
I have a ton of velus hairs on my hairline and temple region. I don't know if they have been there before or just popped up but will these hairs grow thicker or longer and become permanent? If so, how long does it usually take these hairs to look like the rest of the good hairs? I am on my 5th month on propecia and 3rd month on the foam. Thank you.

H/B

Established Member
Reaction score
That can not be predicted as personal resposne varies. my suggestion is, stay consistant with treatment over a period of time. chances are, you will be better off than where you are now, a year from now. i did not see best results till after 14 months. i cant say with certainty, but i think it is still improveing. the gains are slow at this point. i will update again in August.

Primex

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow man, that looks awesome! I hope I can have the patience that you have. I've been using for one year now and I feel like it's been ages now.

G

HB,

So you're taking 0.25mg finasteride a day?

That's still intriguing how your best results occurred at the 14 month point. I'm just at about the 6 month point for minoxidil (DNC in front/foam in back), and at 3 months on finasteride. I have a lot of pseudo terminals in the hairline with a mix of some varying degrees of vellous hairs (some longer/darker than the others) but sometimes you still get a little discouraged because from far back it looks like you didn't get much results.

Then I think about the time it takes for hair to go through cycles, and I've only lowered my DHT levels for 3 months so I'm going to really give it until about 14 months like you did, maybe up to 1.5 years and see how much I've grown before I add another product to my regimen. Plus I've also only been on NANO/Revita for about 6-8 weeks. It will also take time for hairs to respond to that treatment as well.

Your success story illustrates that we simply have to be patient.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
your regrow on your temple is KRAZY!!!