HarryBalls_78_m.jpg

HarryBalls_80_m.jpg

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
nice temple regrowth, new hair looks very healthy

G

HB,

Nice! I'm a diffuse thinner (not sure if I'm DPA or DUPA though?) and it's good to hear another having regrowth.

Are your diffuse in "patches" on the top of your head or is the whole thing thinning out consistently? I have more of patchy thinning on top where there's still some very thick areas. I'm hoping the thinner areas will thicken up soon and fill in!

I see in your regimen you're not using #3 of the Big Three with Nizoral?

H/B

Established Member
Reaction score
I have diffuse thinning but with Norwood 2ish type recession. the diffuse affected everwhere at first for a few years, but evntually started showing the classic Norwood pattern. hair has thickend everywhere on the scalp, top back,sides.

yes, i use Dr lee's nizoral EOD

G

Where did you apply the minoxidil? Did you put it in the thinned receded area only? Or did you apply some minoxidil right behind your healthy hair as well?

H/B

Established Member
Reaction score
i apply the minoxidil through entire vertex and hairline

kalbo

Established Member
Reaction score
congrats on the results man!

one question, did u experience any shedding? I ask b/c I've been on the big 3 for 9 months and had hairline/temple regrowth similar to yours (not as good though). However, now I'm experiencing a shed and lost a lot of the regrowth and a lot of hair elsewhere as well. Just wondering if you've lost some of that regrowth sometime during your treatment and if it grew back, how long did it take?

H/B

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, a few bouts of scary shedding in the first year, also a few months ago when i started the foam. i did not see major improvement till after 14 months.

nguy1832

Reaction score
Great results man! Curious did you see the minoxidil working before you started the finasteride or did it start happening for you after you got on the finasteride? I'm a diffuser also!

kalbo

Established Member
Reaction score
H/B said:
Yes, a few bouts of scary shedding in the first year, also a few months ago when i started the foam. i did not see major improvement till after 14 months.
Thanks man, that's very reassuring to hear.

Skaff

Established Member
Reaction score
Looks great!
Any idea if finasteride sparked any regrowth or do you reckon it was all minoxidil?

H/B

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, the finasteride added growth, but i suspect overtime with less DHT pummeling the follicles, it will allow minoxidil to recruit more hair

H/B

Established Member
Reaction score
nguy1832 said:
Great results man! Curious did you see the minoxidil working before you started the finasteride or did it start happening for you after you got on the finasteride? I'm a diffuser also!

yes, minoxidil gave me some growth before i got on finasteride, but it worked better after adding finasteride.

i was on minoxidil before, i had the luxury of finasteride. it worked quite well for nearly 10 years before i started losing ground. adding finasteride has given new life to the minoxidil.

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
H/B, looks like you keep your hair pretty long on top, how do you apply the minoxidil.

H/B

Established Member
Reaction score
klink said:
H/B, looks like you keep your hair pretty long on top, how do you apply the minoxidil.

with the dropper i just poke through diffuse areas; dragging the dropper over the scalp; very little or no pressure on the squeeze bulb.

with the foam, i use roughly 3/4 capful. I apply about 1/4 of it at a time in quadrants, instead of trying to spread the whole blob through my hair.

Skaff

Established Member
Reaction score
H/B said:
nguy1832 said:

yes, minoxidil gave me some growth before i got on finasteride, but it worked better after adding finasteride.

i was on minoxidil before, i had the luxury of finasteride. it worked quite well for nearly 10 years before i started losing ground. adding finasteride has given new life to the minoxidil.

So you've been losing hair for 10 years?! I'd say you're a massive success story...from your most recent pics you'd never know you were losing at all...let alone for a decade.

H/B

Established Member
Reaction score
been losing diffusely at a snails pace for 20 years.