27/m, I Think I'm Having Thinning Hair But Not Because Of Male Pattern Baldness?

Somewhatconcerned1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm here for obvious reasons, same as everyone else. Anyway, I'm 28. Grandpa from mother's side was already balding around my age, grandpa from father's side had lush thick hair well into his 40s. My dad had an extreme widow's peak by the time he was 30-35 and in recent years he's started balding on the crown (he's 58 now, he started balding at the crown around 55).

Why I'm here isn't necessarily concern about ordinary male balding pattern - I've still to get a widow's peak and my crown area seems fine for the most part, even though I'm noticing excessive shredding when really ruffling my hair (think somewhere between 10 to 50 strands of hair falling out every ~2 days when I do it), but hairs stop falling off after a few really hard ruffles so I'm thinking that's just weakened strands/strands that already fell off on their own, but what I'm most concerned about is the fact that I seem have thinning hair EVERYWHERE. Sides(where people don't even bald for Christ's sake), the bit above forehead, back of the head, even some on the top. It's not really noticeable after washing my hair and staying in places where there's not much light but it can be seen quite well when light is hitting my head under the right angle.

I've had a severe systematic vitamin D defficiency for the past God knows many years, recently found out about it (normal levels are like ~75+, I had 20 at one point), and I've read that vitamin D defficiency causes hair to thin/fall off, could this be it?

Anyway here are the pictures guys, hit me as hard and as honest as you can. (p.s. pic 3 - that's how bad it can look if I take a picture of any part of my head if the lightning hits it properly, but usually it's not that noticeable - I've asked a few friends if they've noticed my hair is thinning or I'm going bald and all of them said they haven't noticed a thing)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 261
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 253
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 218
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 220
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 249
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 256
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 227
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 241
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:

Somewhatconcerned1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nobody? Also, could this just be the way my hair is, instead of some possible condition/affliction? I remember I never used to have these thinned out patches at the sides of my head, but then again I always wore long hair until recently..

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would say it could be retrograde alopecia given you’ve got equal thinning all over. You need to get a blood test to check your Thyroid and a scalp biopsy to confirm.

Dhldan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nobody? Also, could this just be the way my hair is, instead of some possible condition/affliction? I remember I never used to have these thinned out patches at the sides of my head, but then again I always wore long hair until recently..

Were your sides always so thin? I got checked w a derm and was told im thinning on top recently. My crown however I’m not even convinced if it’s thinning or not. It probably is though, but i just can’t notice it yet. Anyways you’re hair definitely looks thinner on the sides and front. I’d go to a professional so they can get it checked properly. Imo it looks probable that you’re balding though.
It’s best not to be in denial and get this checked out immediately.