27 First time poster/long time lurker

superman26

Reaction score
Hey guys!

Let me just start by saying this is one fantastic community. Informative and courageous with a hint harshness for the sake of positive end results. My type of peeps :p

So around the beginning of January last year I began noticing significant hair loss throughout my crown, mid scalp and temples. It later continues onto my frontal ad you'll see.
Really small changes so I was less phased.
Ince I turned 27 it took a more noticeable turn.... Had a chance to get on finasteride but like many first readers, being horrified was a must with the sides.

Alas... **** started getting real and I've decided to finally give it a proper try. Obviously, largely due to what I read around here and the results the majority seem to get.

So 3 weeks ago I started on finasteride.
Had a pretty intense shed 4 days ago and it's somewhat gone now but every day I brush my hair and it loves attaching itself to the bristles... Ah well, was meant to go anyways.

I'm also doing nizoral 2% once a week and I'm taking a supplement called hair gro by vita pro. Contains 500 biotin, 150 l cystine, vit e, pro vit a, zinc... Etc. Look it up and you'll see the ingredients.

I've told myself to stay clear of minoxidil just cause I want to see if i can get somethibg substantial from as little as possible.

So a few things I would love to know from you experienced finasteride users.

1. Been discussed a crapload I know... But initial shed on finasteride which I just had. Is it possibly a sign of a good responder?

2. 3 weeks into it and I'm seeing tiny hairs on my hairline and temples. Is that due to finasteride?

3. Do you reckon finasteride can lerhaps, substantially fill in the sparse areas I have in the photos? Or will minoxidil become a thing I'd have to use as well?

Thanks so much for your constant support over here.
It's quite frightening to lose a part of you that has been with you from birth.

I just want to spend more time with my head friend :p

Thanks guys! 20150901_220142.jpg20150901_215631.jpg20150901_215620.jpg20150901_215626.jpg20150901_220142.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

For some strange reason, they're upside down. Weird

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone?