26th Day of Treatment: Shedding Increase

-cj-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You can see what I'm using in my regimen below.

Today was the first day that I'd say I've noticed increased shedding. I ran my hair forward through my hair and I noticed about 4 hairs fall.

So, I went into the bathroom and bent over a white towel and starting combing through my hair with my hands. I dislodged 40-50 hairs :freaked2:.

I coincedentally missed my night dose of Xandrox last night, but got my spironolactone (passed out). I doubt that has anything to do with it, just ironic.

Just thought I'd share and see if anyone has input!

powersam

Reaction score
yeah quite a few people on minoxidil report shedding.

different things i've heard people say helped reduce their shedding

-folligen
-fluridil (me)
-essential oils rubbed into scalp (if whoever suggested this reads this could you explain it further? was interested but cant find the post)
-spironolactone

i'm sure other people can add more. also some have connected smoking and sheds, shiteloads of beer and sheds.

-cj-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
PowerSam said:
yeah quite a few people on minoxidil report shedding.

different things i've heard people say helped reduce their shedding

-folligen
-fluridil (me)
-essential oils rubbed into scalp (if whoever suggested this reads this could you explain it further? was interested but cant find the post)
-spironolactone

i'm sure other people can add more. also some have connected smoking and sheds, shiteloads of beer and sheds.

I use spironolactone 2% and American Crew Revitalize Spray :p. A shed is not inevitable, just manageable.

Thanks for the input.

-cj-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Uni Student said:
Aplunk1 said:
My honest input?

Propecia.

The man has a point.

Don't want to jinx it...but I think its starting to work for me now approaching 4 months

Congrats, hope it goes well for you. I'm already having results with minoxidil.

-cj-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Day 27 wasn't to noticable, Today (Day 28) was shedding a decent amount through the vertex & crown again.

Goingat20

Reaction score
Ride it out, things will only get better

-cj-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Goingat20 said:
This is more of an informative post, I'm doing just fine :). Thank you for the encouraging words nonetheless.

-cj-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
-cj- said:
Goingat20 said:
This is more of an informative post, I'm doing just fine :). Thank you for the encouraging words nonetheless.

Well, today in the shower I started to get a bit of anxiety. Just wondering when it's going to end now. The frequency is still the same, mostly terminal looking hair too. I'm sure all these hair are in telogen, so I'm glad I'm using treatments so they don't grow back thinner. I am using Revitalize Copper Peptide and from my understanding, CP's shorten the telogen phase. So it's possible that it's shortening the time that these hairs would have stayed in the scalp and making way for new hair.

Been a month on treatment now.

Hawaii male

Established Member
Reaction score
My shed lasted about 4 weeks and in the end my hair was thicker.

Strange but true. :shock:

hairhaircomeagain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
cj --> I see you dont wanna go onto Propecia. Why dont you try IH's top 3...Its just adding to your regimen. If it does not work, it wont affect you

-cj-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
DAY 138:
Hello everyone! You know that old saying that once it begins to get better, you stay away from here? It's actually true, haha. Things have gotten so much better for me. I was able to bring the hairline down a bit into my temples and fill out the density quite a bit. Hasn't been so worrysome for me, been doing me hair more often than I used to.

I did come back to let everyone know that the last 3-4 days I have been experiencing increased shedding again. Roughly 4 1/2 months into treatment. Just curious as to the opinions of everyone here.

My set in stone regimen has been:
Morning: Dr. Lee's minoxidil 5%
Night: spironolactone 2% followed later by Xandrox 5%

I throw Revitalize Spray in there when I remember and also the spironolactone 5% cream.

Just wanted to check back in with everyone!

htownballa

Established Member
Reaction score
Congrats on ur success!

Was wondering what the deal was with ur aquasauna water filter? Why/where did u buy it?

-cj-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
htownballa said:
Congrats on ur success!

Was wondering what the deal was with ur aquasauna water filter? Why/where did u buy it?
Bought it straight from Aquasauna. I bought it to have cleaner water and improve scalp health by removing chlorines and minerals :). I'm due for a replacement filter almost.

-cj-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Shedding continues. Anyone have any knowledge on the 2nd minoxidil shed? Seems to me that those hairs entering telogen when I began using minoxidil were sustained through their 100 day period and are now releasing for regrowth.