26 Years Old, How Bad Has This Become?

shookwun

Reaction score
First of all you're comparing pics that are 2 years apart. The first pic is his hair styled where you clearly still see where the zig zag line would be if he pulled his hair back. Second, he's pulling his hairline back on top of it being grown out, which would naturally expose more of his hairline than if it were cut short n neat. I don't see progression of loss, I see maintenance with thickening of existing hair.
He has maintained, but also ended up losing those miniaturized hairs.

Finasteride is not guaranteed for regrowth, but is excellent at maintaining, and some what strengthening follicles in the early stages of hair loss

That bald line on hairline...

I dashed to pharmacy shop for a finasteride when saw same line on my hairline and it became clear that I am diffusing.
vertex thinning, and that line represent a milestone for entering NW3V :D

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
this is the thing which really scared me , i am in a similar position . finasteride didn't maitain the hair on my hairline and the pattern is forming . Would you advice to try duta in his position ?

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
however for me you are not at all Norwood 3 , shookwun is wrong . This is the longer haircut which gives this effect . For me you have maintained .

Secretlybatman

Established Member
Reaction score
dont need a PhD in norwood spotting to see that it has his temples have progressed, and lost those thin hairs that were on there way out.

that, and the balding at the forelock. This is a typical pattern for those with NW3

His hair growth, doesnt mean anything. it was never short as in buzz-crew cut length.

it may or may not have stabelized.

However, his hair has managed to look healthy which is a plus. Nice perfect NW3 V

img_06791-jpg.50017

unnamed-3-jpg.50020

That line in the middle disappears when my hair is pulled straight back. Look at the angle of the pull around it....

Secretlybatman

Established Member
Reaction score
however for me you are not at all Norwood 3 , shookwun is wrong . This is the longer haircut which gives this effect . For me you have maintained .

I can't get dutasteride sadly. I'm going to add spironolactone + to my regime as minoxidil has fucked me over.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
you can't et duta because of sides ? you are talking about topical spironolactone i hope ? not oral ?

Secretlybatman

Established Member
Reaction score
you can't et duta because of sides ? you are talking about topical spironolactone i hope ? not oral ?
Topical yeah, the stuff from this sites shop. It's costing a fair bit though about $90NZD including shipping and I can't take dutasteride because it's not available in my country.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think your hair basically looks the same. You're also pulling your hair in the more recent photos which can make things look a lot worse than they are.

Secretlybatman

Established Member
Reaction score
He has maintained, but also ended up losing those miniaturized hairs.

Finasteride is not guaranteed for regrowth, but is excellent at maintaining, and some what strengthening follicles in the early stages of hair loss

vertex thinning, and that line represent a milestone for entering NW3V :D

What hairs are you talking about? The ones on my temple that are surrounded by not much are still there. I've shaved them but they're still there.

Secretlybatman

Established Member
Reaction score
What is the line in the middle thing all about ? Why was the other poster so freaked out by it ?

I think it's the line that shows in the middle of my hairline when i pull my hair back but that shows because I'm pulling my hair back. It's not there naturally as far as i can tell

Secretlybatman

Established Member
Reaction score
NW2, not even close to NW3v
EDIT: didn't realize this was from months ago, my b
All good. All feedback is welcome. I've came to the conclusion that minoxidil just makes me shed and i don't get regrowth so I've came off it. Now just finasteride, spironolactone and I'm looking to add RU but not sure if i can import it to NZ.

Secretlybatman

Established Member
Reaction score
Looking at these photos, i think my right temple has thinned just a little bit more but I currently view finasteride as a success. Just judging by 2013 pictures and the rate that happened, if it wasn't for finasteride, id be bald by now.

Secretlybatman

Established Member
Reaction score
Update

I have pretty much stayed where i was in 2017, my hairline on the left is still strong, the right is still a NW2.