26 Years Old, How Bad Has This Become?

Secretlybatman

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys

I've been balding for about 4 years, I initially started on minoxidil on my crown and the right side of my hairline and started finasteride in 2014. My hairline on the right hand side has just got destroyed while my left hand temple is fine and I haven't used minoxidil on that side at all. I don't understand this and part of me considers minoxidil to be partly to blame. I know minoxidil works for most people and I'm not saying it doesn't but for me, it either isn't working, the opening of blood vessels is allowing more dht or something because it's certainly getting worse and when i apply minoxidil, the hairs disappear and don't appear to come back or at least not yet.

Again, this product works for most but i suspect it's not working well for me. I'm wanting to know your thoughts on my hairloss, whether i should discontinue or continue with minoxidil (Which im now only putting on my right hairline and what norwood I am? I'm also 26, 27 in september

2 months.jpg 2 months1.jpg
5-7 monthsMinox1.jpg 5-7 monthsMinox.jpg 5-7 monthsMinox3.jpg
IMG_06791.jpg IMG_0651.JPG IMG_0708.JPG
unnamed (2).jpg unnamed (3).jpg

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is getting worse.

Don't panic, it will only get worse, and age will soon destroy EVERYTHING you now have!

On the plus side, at least your hair isn't prematurely gray.

g.i joey

Reaction score
Your hair looks better to me in 2017, idk if it's lighting but hairline seems to be holding pretty well. I have the same problem, 6 months on finasteride and my right temple isn't looking too great

stressftw

Established Member
Reaction score
NW2
your forelock is thick and your desity seems to be good
dont think it got worse from 2013 to 2017. seems to me a mature hairline, impossible to tell if you will keep receeding, if u want to be safe just go for finasteride

Secretlybatman

Established Member
Reaction score
Your hair looks better to me in 2017, idk if it's lighting but hairline seems to be holding pretty well. I have the same problem, 6 months on finasteride and my right temple isn't looking too great

NW2
your forelock is thick and your desity seems to be good
dont think it got worse from 2013 to 2017. seems to me a mature hairline, impossible to tell if you will keep receeding, if u want to be safe just go for finasteride

I've been on finasteride for a few years now, luckily no sides other than no morning wood, not a big deal. I'm wondering what this line across my frown area is, I can't seem to reproduce it when frowning and it appears to be a bump of some kind. Is that water retention from minoxidil? It's only came in the last 3 years.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
i remember your post about minoxidil man . Me too my hairline got destroyed by minoxidil . so you haven't recover from minoxidil ?

Secretlybatman

Established Member
Reaction score
i remember your post about minoxidil man . Me too my hairline got destroyed by minoxidil . so you haven't recover from minoxidil ?

I still use it at the very base of my right temple because I'm desperate for it to grow back but trying not to let it touch other hairs. Nothing's grown back though, i did have some hairs left there but they seem to have gone now

tylerduren

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Would you say I'm nw2 or nw3v ?

Nw2 or 2.5 kindof hard to tell. Although your hair is nice and thick and you havnt lost much ground. Nice and thick at the temple, hopefully it slows and barley moves over next few years

Looks good man dont be too panicked

Secretlybatman

Established Member
Reaction score
It is getting worse.

Don't panic, it will only get worse, and age will soon destroy EVERYTHING you now have!

On the plus side, at least your hair isn't prematurely gray.
I've actually found a few grey hairs but id rather have them than be bald..

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

So weird its made my hair line a bit denser this has to be the difference of male vs female hair loss maybe. Its right behind my hair line where i would love it to fill in more. but not worse since minoxidil.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
female hairloss is less complex , they repond way better to minoxidil . Minoxidil is a perfect treatment for female hairloss

shookwun

Reaction score
NW3 vertex.

Crown is starting to bald, and have that line that goes toward the forelock. if you look closely you can also see a balding zigzag line between your fore lock. That, and deeper temple recession.

Beautiful example of male pattern baldness, and it's progression.

g.i joey

Reaction score
I don't see progression, if he's nw3 now then he was nw3 when he started. Plus his hair is so much longer now and itnactually looks thick. Baseline show even short hairs being weak af

shookwun

Reaction score
I don't see progression, if he's nw3 now then he was nw3 when he started. Plus his hair is so much longer now and itnactually looks thick. Baseline show even short hairs being weak af
dont need a PhD in norwood spotting to see that it has his temples have progressed, and lost those thin hairs that were on there way out.

that, and the balding at the forelock. This is a typical pattern for those with NW3

His hair growth, doesnt mean anything. it was never short as in buzz-crew cut length.

it may or may not have stabelized.

However, his hair has managed to look healthy which is a plus. Nice perfect NW3 V

img_06791-jpg.50017

unnamed-3-jpg.50020

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
dont need a PhD in norwood spotting to see that it has his temples have progressed, and lost those thin hairs that were on there way out.

that, and the balding at the forelock. This is a typical pattern for those with NW3

His hair growth, doesnt mean anything. it was never short as in buzz-crew cut length.

However, his hair has managed to look healthy which is a plus. Nice perfect NW3 V

img_06791-jpg.50017

unnamed-3-jpg.50020

That bald line on hairline...

I dashed to pharmacy shop for a finasteride when saw same line on my hairline and it became clear that I am diffusing.

g.i joey

Reaction score

img_06791-jpg.50017

unnamed-3-jpg.50020

First of all you're comparing pics that are 2 years apart. The first pic is his hair styled where you clearly still see where the zig zag line would be if he pulled his hair back. Second, he's pulling his hairline back on top of it being grown out, which would naturally expose more of his hairline than if it were cut short n neat. I don't see progression of loss, I see maintenance with thickening of existing hair.